ROG Junior Member Array

Cool ASUS ROG Zephyrus S w/GeForce RTX 2070

I know that the screen resolution on this machine is 1920 X 1080 but when I have this laptop hooked up to my 4K tv will it output games in 4k through the video card?

Thanks in advance

ROG Junior Member Array

I figured this would have been a simple yes or no question. Apparently there are no ROG employees on this forum and this pretty much just proves it.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

You are correct, this is a customer discussion forum and the presence of ASUS staff is minimal. If you ever need immediate technical support please contact phone support.

Also, if you have a product specific question please make sure to post in the relevant sub-forum where other owners of the same product might read it. This was originally posted in General where other threads would push it out of view.

The short answer is that external outputs on laptops are not limited by the display modes of the internal display. They are limited by the HDMI or DP version of the port. As long as you select a mode supported by both the laptop port and your TV's input, it will work.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Hi,
    I have the same zephyrus s model as you, and i use it with my Samsung 4k TV.
    It runs at 4K fine with my cheap HDMI cable and it does make use of the Nvdia GPU and you can verify it in the nvdia control panel.
    i can even have it running at 120HZ ( Only possible through 1080p resolution, haven't tried 1440p, also it depends on the TVs refresh rate as well).

Hope that helps