Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    That don't sound promising to me, your motherboard should have recovered by now

Remove all HDD/SSD drives, USB devices, GPU, (connected devices) to eliminate other hardware failure first, then if problem persist RMA the motherboard if you have the possibility to do so

Sad to hear.......
    I'm currently talking to an agent, and seem to have gone through every trick in the book.

What I'm worried is that, if the board has to go through RMA, I might end up with a board shipped back with a bios not compatible with Ryzen 3rd gen, and having to find a way to flash it afterwards.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

they should be able to ship you a motherboard with a bios installed for Ryzen 3000, it says on the box which bios version thats installed on the motherboard
    or you can ask them to send you a CPU that you later have to return (good will)
    I built a new computer for a friend a couple of weeks ago B450-F, and it had a bios supporting the new Ryzen 3000 out of the box
    No bios flashback on premium Asus motherboards in 2019 is a disgrace, that feature should not land inside the frames of segmentation on a platform like AM4

Good luck now..
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-05-2019 at 05:48 PM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

I upgraded the CPU/GPU a couple of days ago to 2700X/780Ti from 2400G/Radeon 5770, and everything is running great
    I really don*t need the full performance of 2700X, but since it was a gift. the 780Ti was bought second hand @70 USD
    The IMC on this 2700X is not top bin, but will run 3400mhz with my memory kit without any hiccups on a daily basis
    I ended up undervolting this CPU with 0,1v (or something like that)
    The Asus 780Ti stock bios had to be swapped out also, it had a nasty glitch + new thermal paste
    This B450-I will live on for many years to come with me, whether it like it or not......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ayk-C4Z-do.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	81860

Name:	NyxhYzzrWjc.jpg 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	81865

Name:	05gQoty7Des.jpg 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	81861

I don't play any of the GPU demanding titles, so the 780Ti works out for my kind of gaming entertainment
    (hmm, honestly i did not tweak the graphic settings for this benchmark)

Name:	hfTvaBT4KzE.jpg 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	81862

I hacked the power connector for the graphics card, i only had one 8pin+6pin PSU cable (but this graphics card require two 8 pin connectors)
    The loose two pin PCI-E connector don't hold any power anyway, its just looped and used for the graphics card to identify the connector type
    This hack can be done with a single 12v rail premium PSU with sufficient power rating, otherwise it could be potentially dangerous and overload the PSU

Name:	gH0-8ygEy0Q.jpg 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	81863

Just an update what's brewing, cheers..
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-14-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7