Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SmashStompa1 View Post
    This may or may not be related to your problem, I recently got a 3700x with the b450i motherboard.. In which the machine would have to have the entire power cycled with the PSU to boot back up with the xmp profiles.. This was completely fixed when I switched my FLK frequency from auto to half (1800mhz) of the xmp profile memory rated speed.. I have not had it hang at all since with boot ups.
    Hi, please let us know if one day that settings just stop working out of nowhere like I experienced many times.

New ROGer Array

This may or may not be related to your problem, I recently got a 3700x with the b450i motherboard.. In which the machine would have to have the entire power cycled with the PSU to boot back up with the xmp profiles.. This was completely fixed when I switched my FLK frequency from auto to half (1800mhz) of the xmp profile memory rated speed.. I have not had it hang at all since with boot ups.
    Testing this right now. Been stable a couple of days, but it's mostly random, so I'll report back later.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mjwise3 View Post
    This is the first release I've seen where PPT, TDC, and EDC are being reported in Ryzen Master. Otherwise, performance seems about the same for me with a Ryzen 5 3600.
    is it also possible to manually set values for ppt/tdc/edc in the bios as of this release?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by asuss34 View Post
    Testing this right now. Been stable a couple of days, but it's mostly random, so I'll report back later.
    Yeah just for some reason I had to manually set the FLK clock in, or it would hang the entire time until I reset my PSU... One would think setting the XMP profile the auto would do it where it would be stable..
    That being said been tinkering around with the settings.. I seem to get the best performance with Performance enhancer 3 OC with -0.1 offset in voltage.. For some odd reason if I go level 4 even when I set voltage to auto I see better clocks but get WORSE performance in benchmarks.. I have noticed this to be a incredibly odd behavior with the Ryzen 2 compared to my experience with Intel.. With intel you overclocked and managed with voltage in which if it didn't work it would crash..
    Here I have to actually look at performance numbers because if the voltage isn't enough I just get worse performance.

New ROGer Array

Yeah just for some reason I had to manually set the FLK clock in, or it would hang the entire time until I reset my PSU... One would think setting the XMP profile the auto would do it where it would be stable..
    That being said been tinkering around with the settings.. I seem to get the best performance with Performance enhancer 3 OC with -0.1 offset in voltage.. For some odd reason if I go level 4 even when I set voltage to auto I see better clocks but get WORSE performance in benchmarks.. I have noticed this to be a incredibly odd behavior with the Ryzen 2 compared to my experience with Intel.. With intel you overclocked and managed with voltage in which if it didn't work it would crash..
    Here I have to actually look at performance numbers because if the voltage isn't enough I just get worse performance.
    Seems to be working. Been about a week now, no hangs. Hoping this keeps up. If so, amazing!

New ROGer Array

Seems to be working. Been about a week now, no hangs. Hoping this keeps up. If so, amazing!
    Shucks, finally happened again. Guessing only a BIOS update will ever fix this. Possible it's a hardware flaw too. Oh well, going to update to B550 when it comes out (hopefully MSI) and get away from this board once and for all.

New ROGer Array

Try disabling WiFi, Bluetooth and HD audio on latest bios. End up resetting CMOS. Boot loop time.

What a pile of Shat amd and mobo manufacturers are.

Got audio stuttering with RX 5700 over hdmi also.

Don't bother releasing any hardware unless you can ensure it works.

I moved from asrock to Asus. What the fup.

ROG Member Array

Shucks, finally happened again. Guessing only a BIOS update will ever fix this. Possible it's a hardware flaw too. Oh well, going to update to B550 when it comes out (hopefully MSI) and get away from this board once and for all.
    Everything that we do that we think is the solution seems like just a temporary workaround, not a real solution huh. That's what's been happening to me as well.

I'm amazed no ASUS rep has replied and addressed this issue yet in this thread.

ROG Member Array

It has been a month and a half since last BIOS version for this board. Anyone knows if ASUS is planning to release a new version to fix the bugs?

New ROGer Array

I disabled the WiFi and Bluetooth on my b450 ITX today and the board has gone into boot loop. Reset CMOS time again. This is not acceptable from Asus. Get your bios sorted or your other dead Duck. Very angry as Asrock is no better. How can you sell when it's not fully working.
    Last edited by ddgawlik; 02-22-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast