ROG Member Array

Rampage IV Fan Control

I seem to be having trouble controlling my PWM pumps inside windows. I have no interest in using the bios do this for me, and want to make the adjustments in the OS. Using Speedfan, adjusting say the CPU fan speed (I have a pump connected there), does not seem to affect the pump at all.

Is it related to settings in the bios?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chrisnyc75's Avatar

It's more likely your fan isn't PWM enabled, see the explanation in the link below, it may help:

http://www.swiftech.com/pwmcontrollers.aspx
    Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
    2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
    EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
    XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
    Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

ROG Member Array

I actually have one of Swiftech items, the apogee drive II with a MCP35X on it. I have it plugged in on the CPU pin on the motherboard. The device itself is powered by molex, but also has a 4 pin connector that is on the CPU fan pin header. Additionally, I have two more pwm MCP35X on the OPT 1 fan header. I cannot control any of them. I have tried disabling all points in Q fan under the fan option in the menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?

ROG Member Array

Also, thank you for that reply. Although I have seen that exact page before, I do appreciate the effort.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by InoSiX View Post
    I actually have one of Swiftech items, the apogee drive II with a MCP35X on it. I have it plugged in on the CPU pin on the motherboard. The device itself is powered by molex, but also has a 4 pin connector that is on the CPU fan pin header. Additionally, I have two more pwm MCP35X on the OPT 1 fan header. I cannot control any of them. I have tried disabling all points in Q fan under the fan option in the menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Did you ever come to a satisfactory solution? I too have struggled with speedfan to no avail.
    Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v
    32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro
    ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4
    prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
    OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB
    Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX
    All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2