Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    xD

TIP: I've just discovered that setting the PCIe version manually (both for the GPU and M.2 solved my issues with voltages and temperatures) now on my B450 ITX strix I'm at 40/45C at idle and at load with cinebench R20 Multicore I'm at 83C
    I've loaded default settings in BIOS, I've entered RAM speed and latency and voltage manually (not DOCP), disabled aura sync (this should not interfere), selected manually the version of PCIE and bus for gpu and m.2, NOT leave them in auto.
    My guess is that auto mode in determining PCIe version and bandwidth caused overvoltage to control up to PCIe 4.0

Very happy with the setupo now
    [IMG]

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROKAF645 View Post
    only can find in win 32bit tab

can't see in BIOS & FIRMWARE tab
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	81549

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mangame View Post
    2602 broke my DOCP. I have to run at 2133Mhz. 3200 DOCP unstable causes BSOD

EDIT: setting frequency and timings manually, solved the issue
    DOCP is still working properly for me.

HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 32GB Kit 3200MHz CL16 DIMM XMP RAM Memory/Infrared Sync Technology- Black (HX432C16PB3AK2/32)

ROG Enthusiast Array

New BIOS 23 August

Name:	Screenshot_20190825-142909_Chrome.jpg 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	81594
    [IMG]

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

I just want to make this post:
    With some memory kits, bios versions and custom memory settings, the motherboard (all Asus x470/B450) can lockup and hang on orange debug light and it can be mighty difficult to recover from this state, without knowing how to do
    In the motherboard manual is says cut power, remove battery, clr cmos and so on (which is not working for this issue)
    The workaround :
    System is hanging on orange debug light, and bios wont post no matter what, do the following->
    1. Power off the motherboard
    2. Remove the graphics card from the pci-e slot
    3. CLR CMOS
    4. Power up motherboard without graphics card, watch the debug leds cycle and do its thing
    5. Power off motherboard
    6. Mount the graphics card
    7. Power up, and now the computer will work again (bios recovered to default)
    (with Vega graphics enabled, its a different fix)

Name:	watchdog-using-binoculars-to-observe-1000x675.jpg 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	81718
    verified to work by Spanky!
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-03-2019 at 03:50 PM.

New ROGer Array

New BIOS for ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

When will be released BIOS with Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB for motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming???

Almost every x470 motherboard already has available ABB update, just this one still has AB update.

The latest AB update is from 2019/07/31 (version 5204), none newer has been published since.
    https://www.asus.com/sk/Motherboards...HelpDesk_BIOS/

New ROGer Array

I just want to make this post:
    With some memory kits, bios versions and custom memory settings, the motherboard (all Asus x470/B450) can lockup and hang on orange debug light and it can be mighty difficult to recover from this state, without knowing how to do
    In the motherboard manual is says cut power, remove battery, clr cmos and so on (which is not working for this issue)
    The workaround :
    System is hanging on orange debug light, and bios wont post no matter what, do the following->
    1. Power off the motherboard
    2. Remove the graphics card from the pci-e slot
    3. CLR CMOS
    4. Power up motherboard without graphics card, watch the debug leds cycle and do its thing
    5. Power off motherboard
    6. Mount the graphics card
    7. Power up, and now the computer will work again (bios recovered to default)
    (with Vega graphics enabled, its a different fix)

verified to work by Spanky!
    I'm on bios 2703 on a Mini-ITX Asus Rog Strix B450-I with a 3700X.

I tried that solution, I tried the solution in the section 1.17 of the manual (pin touching to reset the bios). Nothing seems to work.

I still have the problem of having no ability to boot, and 2 successive "_" appearing in the upper left corner and mid-upper left corner every cycle the motherboard makes. Fans spin up, orange standby led lightens up, and the board either cycle between a red and white led or between a red, green, and white led.

I'm at a loss at this point, as I changed nothing to the board, and it had been running the 3700X without any problem for quite a few days, and suddenly stopped.

the orange light of death, only happens to me if i change some of the memory timings outside what bios thinks is suitable, the bios watchdog fails to kick in after reboot and restore the settings to default.. solid orange light.. no go, shop closed
    i don't have this issue otherwise, but with this memory kit not much is working, so i have to use manual memory setting to have it run at decent speed (once custom memory parameters is set it runs fine without any problems)

for me the fix is to remove the GPU and do a CLR CMOS, like i wrote up there, or force the motherboard PCH to recognize new hardware configuration

i think you and me have different problems with the motherboard, my light is freezing on orange

i have this issue with both ASUS x470 and B450 (mostly on B450-i), and bios versions above 1003 only makes this issue worse with my memory kit

if i just do a CLR CMOS it will first light red, and then get stuck on orange again

yes it would be great if the CLR CMOS pins actually worked
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-05-2019 at 03:37 PM.

New ROGer Array

the orange light of death, only happens to me if i change some of the memory timings outside what bios thinks is suitable, the bios watchdog fails to kick in after reboot and restore the settings to default.. solid orange light.. no go, shop closed
    i don't have this issue otherwise, but with this memory kit not much is working, so i have to use manual memory setting to have it run at decent speed (when custom memory parameters is set it runs fine without any problems)

for me the fix is to remove the GPU and do a CLR CMOS, like i wrote up there, or force the motherboard PCH to recognize new hardware

i think you and me have different problems with the motherboard, my light is freezing on orange

i have this issue with both ASUS x470 and B450 (mostly on B450-i), and bios versions above 1003 only makes this issue worse with my memory kit

if i just do a CLR CMOS it will first light red, and then get stuck on orange again

yes it would be great if the CLR CMOS pins actually worked
    I've done everything, went back to a gen 1 cpu, even changed the ram sticks with one that is officially supported by the board. I think my board is dead.

That don't sound promising to me, your motherboard should have recovered by now

Remove all HDD/SSD drives, USB devices, GPU, (connected devices) to eliminate other hardware failure first, then if problem persist RMA the motherboard if you have the possibility to do so

Sad to hear.......
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-05-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast