Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array K3pler PC Specs
    K3pler PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (BIOS v.3004)
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 5 2600 (Zen+)
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17-8GTZ (G.SKILL TridentZ) 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX760 2GB (actual)
    Graphics Card #2POWERCOLOR Radeon R9 280X TurboDuo (1st on system)
    MonitorACER ED242QR-Abidpx 24" 144Hz
    Storage #1TEAMGROUP L5 Lite 240GB + Emtec X150 240GB (Raid 0 ssd)
    Storage #2GIGABYTE M.2 PCIe SSD 128GB (OS disk)
    CPU CoolerAlpenföhn® Sella
    CaseKolink SATELLITE
    Power SupplyBITFENIX Formula Gold 550W
    Keyboard MITSAI C211 acap - as cheap as possible
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus Fortus
    Headset TRUST GXT 307 Ravu Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad no branding allowed
    Headset/Speakers HP 2.0 (acap ~ as cheap as possible )
    OS MICROSOFT Windows 10 Enterprise x64 b.19041

@TeutonJon78, I am currently using with the r5 2600, in general in my experience with it, its been rock solid.

New ROGer Array

Hello guys,

New X470-i owner here, and I am running into an issue with boot loop, no screen, no post to bios when using both M.2 slot with a GPU. If I remove the back M.2, it seems to work fine. Any idea on what is going on? I am reading that if you use 2x nvme, that the GPU goes to 8x instead of 16x which should't matter for me using a GTX 1070 correct?

Currently, the PICE, and M.2 slots are set to auto in the bios.
    Should I change something?

If I have both M.2, I get a white led, follow by 1 second of green led, then system reboots.
    Hope you can help, thank you.

My system Specs:

Ryzen 3700x
    Asus ROG Ryuo 240 AIO (On order)
    Asus ROG X470-i (Bios 2801)
    Asus ROG GTX 1070
    Samsung 960 Pro 512mb (Front)
    Intel 660p 1tb (Back)
    Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 16GB 3600mhz
    Corsair LL120x3 w/ARGB adapter
    Corsair SF750 Platinum
    Nouvolo Steck + Stack
    Windows 10 Home
    Last edited by bbqporkk; 09-30-2019 at 07:27 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I own a B450-I Gaming motherboard and had a horror story to share. Intent on upgrading from my 2600X, I purchased a 3600X from Newegg. When it arrived, I excitedly opened the package and as I was examining the merchandise prior to any installation attempt, the new 3600X adhered to the thermal paste that was preapplied to the bottom of the included Wraith Spire cooler. I tried to pull the CPU free and was astonished at how sticky this thermal paste was. It took an incredible amount of force to free the processor. It almost seemed like they were magnetized. Then suddenly the CPU came free and at that moment it came flying out of my hands and landed on the ground. This is the most likely point where the CPU sustained damage.

I attempted to install the CPU in my B450-I Gaming motherboard and I was astonished at how difficult it was to visually see the triangle indicator on the socket. I'm not sure if all brands utilize the same exact socket material/color but I couldn't help but think that Asus seriously dropped the ball here. How hard would it be to make the little triangle white colored? Why would you ever have the tiny triangle be the same color as the socket itself? Realistically I may have damaged the processor at that moment also. So I got the CPU installed and got it seated. I tried to start the computer and it wouldn't boot. Eventually, I put the 3600X away for about a month and continued using my 2600X. Come to find out, the reason it wouldn't boot is because I had to upgrade the BIOS again. Bear in mind, I had already upgraded to a BIOS that was supposed to support 3rd Gen Ryzen. This is another instance of Asus dropping the ball if I'm not mistaken. So I get the 3600X installed with another BIOS update and it still won't boot. Finally I realized that my second memory slot had to be left unused for it to boot. I couldn't determine if this was an issue related to CPU damage or if it was a QVL issue. My memory is F4-3200-C14D-32GTZR G.skill Trident RGB (2 x 16gb). So now I could boot, but with only one stick of RAM. I inspected my CPU and noticed that there was some slight bends. I did absolute best to straighten everything out with a magnifying glass and razor blade. Well apparently, at some point one of the pins broke off completely. So at this point I'm not sure if the reason I can't use both sticks of memory is related to the CPU or if it's related to QVL. The computer still boots and performs fine. My only issue is not being able to use both my sticks of memory. I have the latest BIOS, just updated in the past 24 hours.

I've already contacted Newegg and they refused to offer me any kind of exchange or return. I've been told to expect the same from ASUS and AMD. Is there any possibility that the reason I can't use my memory is related to compatibility or is it a certain CPU issue? Also, is there any chance Asus would do anything to assist me? I wanted to know before I sell my 2600X and half my memory kit. If there is anybody with experience who could offer me an explanation that would make AMD replace the chip, please send me a private message or something. I know they say they don't deal with broken pins.

ROG Member Array

Just a note, I did upgrade to 2801 and it working quite well, DOCP is working for my 3200 CL 14 memory. The only flaw (which isn't new) is that Vsoc doesn't get set right. It used to bump up correctly if I set the Vdram to 1.36 manually, but that doesn't work.

Manually setting Vsoc=1.0125 based from the Ryzen DRAM Calculator worked perfectly fine at auto DOCP.
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

ROG Member Array

Well, we just got 2901 to match the other X470/B450 boards. Anyone try it?
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

New ROGer Array K3pler PC Specs
    K3pler PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming (BIOS v.3004)
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 5 2600 (Zen+)
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17-8GTZ (G.SKILL TridentZ) 2x8GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX760 2GB (actual)
    Graphics Card #2POWERCOLOR Radeon R9 280X TurboDuo (1st on system)
    MonitorACER ED242QR-Abidpx 24" 144Hz
    Storage #1TEAMGROUP L5 Lite 240GB + Emtec X150 240GB (Raid 0 ssd)
    Storage #2GIGABYTE M.2 PCIe SSD 128GB (OS disk)
    CPU CoolerAlpenföhn® Sella
    CaseKolink SATELLITE
    Power SupplyBITFENIX Formula Gold 550W
    Keyboard MITSAI C211 acap - as cheap as possible
    Mouse ASUS Cerberus Fortus
    Headset TRUST GXT 307 Ravu Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad no branding allowed
    Headset/Speakers HP 2.0 (acap ~ as cheap as possible )
    OS MICROSOFT Windows 10 Enterprise x64 b.19041

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonJon78 View Post
    Trying it now.
    For those who cant find the download link:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-2901.zip

Finally we get AMD CBS full menu, thanks for that. Memory OC seems improved a bit also PBO1 works better even i dont make a use for. So far its been stable.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonJon78 View Post
    Been using it since it released, not run into any issues and it seems there are new settings in BIOS.

New ROGer Array

Smile

Hi everyone. Just bought the B450 Itx and have a couple of questions.

I have 2 X M2 nvme drives and RX 5700 graphics card running on PCIE, which forces the GfX card to run at x8 PCIE speed and not 16. Will x8 supply sufficient band width for GfX card or bottle neck it.

When will Agesa 1.0.0.4 bios be made available. Over 100 fixes.

Moved from Asrock B450 itx to Asus and it feels like I'm at step one again with delayed bios releases. Any ETA

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ddgawlik View Post
    Hi everyone. Just bought the B450 Itx and have a couple of questions.

I have 2 X M2 nvme drives and RX 5700 graphics card running on PCIE, which forces the GfX card to run at x8 PCIE speed and not 16. Will x8 supply sufficient band width for GfX card or bottle neck it.

When will Agesa 1.0.0.4 bios be made available. Over 100 fixes.

Moved from Asrock B450 itx to Asus and it feels like I'm at step one again with delayed bios releases. Any ETA

Thanks.
    Great question. There's apparently a bunch of beta bioses that ASUS employees post on random, non asus.com forums for god knows what reason. I didn't see anything for the B450-I yet.

Hoping the new bios fixes an issue where I can't randomly post and fans just spin at 100% until I reboot several times.

New ROGer Array

I had same problem of boot looping with AsRock until they released the 1.0.0.4 bios. They also supplied beta bios via other web sites and not the Asrock official site.

Latest AMD Agesa is 1.0.0.4B

MSI and Gigabyte seem to be the best at. Releasing new Bios.

I went with Asus because of build quality and assumedly good support.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast