Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    do you mean the cpu multiplier? 36-->40 (all cores) example
    or do you mean to individually set the core straps? 36.39.39.40

I assume you mean the first option, and yes its in the bios (easy to do)

i don't have a USB stick now, and cant take a screenshot, but look in the manual

use advanced bios layout, not EZ mode

i think its called cpu ratio (i am not 100% sure)

(found an image online)

CPU core ratio indeed

Attachment 79502
    Thanks for the reply, I got it figured out, I was able to get the overclocking to work now.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

I had nothing to do, so i took the temp of this little naked voltage regulator in realtime + heaven benchmark / vega 11 (one round)
    Its a hot resistor very close to the mosfet, so lets call this temp test package temperature ))
    The k-probe was added to the package with tape
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mos.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	79927

Settings: Vega 11 @ 1000mhz/ SOC 1,125v

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	79929

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	79928

And realtime video capture for nerds:

Name:	zz.jpg 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	79931
    https://rutube.ru/video/8658ffdbe310...8acdb29c3e710/

Result: idle 38c / load 61c (take and give some)
    Last edited by Rockford; 04-09-2019 at 11:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

Just got my ROG Strix B450-I Motherboard and a Ryzen 3600 in the mail today. Installed it into a Silverstone RV03-ARGB case with 32GB of HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 32GB Kit 3200MHz CL16, GTX 1070, Samsung 950 Pro NVME M.2, and a Corsair SF750 powering it all. She lights up pretty, with the RGB light on the case, RAM, and motherboard all working in rainbow goodness. Now to my problem, I get no output. I kind of figured this would happen, the BIOS on the motherboard not being updated to support the new Ryzen 3600 CPU, but I was wondering why i NONE of the diagnostic LEDs don't light up. I figure the one for the CPU should be lit? Any advice? Going to file a ticket with AMD to see if I can get a loner CPU to update the BIOS with, I really hope thats the issue. I know the GPU is good, took it out and put it back into my old system and it works fine.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 97365 View Post
    Just got my ROG Strix B450-I Motherboard and a Ryzen 3600 in the mail today. Installed it into a Silverstone RV03-ARGB case with 32GB of HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 32GB Kit 3200MHz CL16, GTX 1070, Samsung 950 Pro NVME M.2, and a Corsair SF750 powering it all. She lights up pretty, with the RGB light on the case, RAM, and motherboard all working in rainbow goodness. Now to my problem, I get no output. I kind of figured this would happen, the BIOS on the motherboard not being updated to support the new Ryzen 3600 CPU, but I was wondering why i NONE of the diagnostic LEDs don't light up. I figure the one for the CPU should be lit? Any advice? Going to file a ticket with AMD to see if I can get a loner CPU to update the BIOS with, I really hope thats the issue. I know the GPU is good, took it out and put it back into my old system and it works fine.
    AMD will provide a loaner boot kit, read section 'Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit':

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Where did you get your motherboard from? I heard the ones shipped in May should have bios support for Ryzen 5.
    Last edited by yeet342; 07-12-2019 at 07:15 PM.

New ROGer Array 0th3rs PC Specs
    0th3rs PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B360-I GAMING
    Processori5-9400F
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1060 StormX

Waiting for my Ryzen 7 3700X to arrive, can't wait!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by yeet342 View Post
    AMD will provide a loaner boot kit, read section 'Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit':

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Where did you get your motherboard from? I heard the ones shipped in May should have bios support for Ryzen 5.
    I got my Asus Rog Strix B450-I and Ryzen 3600, the motherboard was from Amazon, the CPU from Newegg since Amazon was not in stock at the time. The motherboard did NOT come with a compatible BIOS, just ordered a AMD Athlon 200GE today since my local PC shop didn't have a AM4 CPU on hand to update the BIOS with, and the AMD "boot kit" takes jumping through a bunch of hoops, proof Asus support couldn't help, pictures of the 3600's serial number, and I can't remember what else. So my 3600 is going to cost me as much as a 3700x after it's all done and said. AMD Athlon 200GE is supposed to be her Sunday, so I'll update if it worked and everything is working afterwards.

New ROGer Array

I'm in the same boat. I got my ASUS ROG Strix B450i and Ryzen 3700X on Thursday but after doing the build, I get a blank screen when connecting to the GPU through HDMI.

Sent a support request to ASUS that I'm still waiting on. AMD wants to have a ticket trail from the motherboard manufacturer before sending out bootkits for Ryzen 3000... Kinda annoyed that now I have a useless brick sitting around until ASUS support gets back to me. The B450i from Amazon didn't have the latest BIOS so I'm stuck....

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hartraft View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I got my ASUS ROG Strix B450i and Ryzen 3700X on Thursday but after doing the build, I get a blank screen when connecting to the GPU through HDMI.

Sent a support request to ASUS that I'm still waiting on. AMD wants to have a ticket trail from the motherboard manufacturer before sending out bootkits for Ryzen 3000... Kinda annoyed that now I have a useless brick sitting around until ASUS support gets back to me. The B450i from Amazon didn't have the latest BIOS so I'm stuck....
    AMD's hoops are stupid, charge me for a AM4 Athlon cpu and refund me when you get it back. It was going to take too long and too many hoops for me as I bought a Athlon 200GE on Amazon and was able to update my BIOS. What I could not get working was a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB SSD, but I was lucky I had already ordered a addlink 2TB NVME M.2 and it worked perfectly. I'm not blaming AMD or ASUS, I was expecting it not to work out of the box, but I do fault AMD for such a crappy loner CPU program!

New ROGer Array

I've just changed to a 3700x from a 2700x on the X470-I and im currently running the latest bios of 2406, i had the dramas with the previous bios not actually operating the cpu fan which was fun shall we say.

The problem now is were on 2406 and i cant even touch my memory settings AT ALL otherwise the pc just wont post at all and i dare not touch the cpu settings until i know that it's more stable to actually overclock so i'm just sat on default ram speeds 2133 15-15-15-36? i believe, and i have Trident Z CL14 3200 installed i just cant touch it, nor can i be arsed to keep clearing cmos when it doesnt post.

I have read on the other motherboard forums that the VCORE Memory is locked at 1.2v on startup but there's no option on this ITX board to change it so i'm under the assumption that i just have to wait until they release another update and hope it solves the dramas were having.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Foolproof View Post
    I've just changed to a 3700x from a 2700x on the X470-I and im currently running the latest bios of 2406, i had the dramas with the previous bios not actually operating the cpu fan which was fun shall we say.

The problem now is were on 2406 and i cant even touch my memory settings AT ALL otherwise the pc just wont post at all and i dare not touch the cpu settings until i know that it's more stable to actually overclock so i'm just sat on default ram speeds 2133 15-15-15-36? i believe, and i have Trident Z CL14 3200 installed i just cant touch it, nor can i be arsed to keep clearing cmos when it doesnt post.

I have read on the other motherboard forums that the VCORE Memory is locked at 1.2v on startup but there's no option on this ITX board to change it so i'm under the assumption that i just have to wait until they release another update and hope it solves the dramas were having.
    Hey, I have the same setup, X470-F gaming, CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X and G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14 16Gb Kit
    I installed a new Ryzen 7 3700X CPU today and right after the freshboot I was prompted to go into Setup.. hmm okay, new CPU installed - all good, right?! wrong.

After tinkering with my DRAM setup and once I used D.O.C.P. I couldn't get through POST, so it always fails to boot.
    I can only run at default 2133Mhz just like you...

I wonder if Asus updates their bios quick enough or if I should return my new CPU back to seller

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast