Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Updated to 2501 today, yields no difference to my RAM, i'm unable to touch any settings without it not posting. To be fair i should've known as it states nothing about improving stability just mouse improvements in bios which sure enough works.

Think it's worth contacting Asus? or should i hope someone from asus see's this post?

Thanks.

New ROGer Array 0th3rs PC Specs
    0th3rs PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B360-I GAMING
    Processori5-9400F
    Memory (part number)Night Hawk 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1Radeon VII Gold Edition

Thumbs up

Oh my god, why does this ITX board has so many issues?! It's already the 3rd revision of the bios... I too have a 3700X and a TridentZ coming, it is really sad to read that I cannot get it to boot at stock settings.

I know ASUS have lesser issues with their ATX boards(X470-F), but c'mon please FIX this ITX board! It's such a nightmare seeing all these issues, and I thought ASRock was 'bad'. I might have to switch brands(AORUS) already.

I also have a B360 ITX STRIX board where one of the memory settings went bonkers too for the previous version, yes I can't even run 2666 on my locked intel board. That's really sad, but at least it is fixed now after waiting for a month.

New ROGer Array

Right!

So i've been messing around with settings in bios after afew CMOS clears i've managed to input my memory settings manually to my XMP profile (D.O.C.P) whatever you wish to call it.

Process is as follows;

1. Set Memory Frequency 3200mhz
    Save & Exit (Restart)
    2. Set Memory Voltage 1.35
    Save & Exit (Restart)
    3. Set DRAM Timings I changed these to 15-15-15-15-35 to begin with
    Save & Exit (Restart)
    4. Set DRAM Timings to correct settings of mine were as follows 14-14-14-14-34
    Save & Exit (Restart)

This all seemed to work for me it was like i had to whittle it all down so it got comfortable with the settings not just one bumrush of settings at once for the arse end of my pc to fall out, of course anyone on the same mobo and recently upgrading to a 3xxx series CPU i would advise you to set them manually ONE by ONE and restart to see if it works like it has for me!

I hope this helps anyone in the same boat and wondering if they should RMA there CPU, give this ago!

Note; These RAM settings are specific to my own which are the G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14 (14-14-14-34) Not to be confused with whichever memory your running.

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Is this some sort of G.Skill specific issue? I have 16Gb of 3200Mhz Crucial RAM, D.O.C.P works just fine for me. Just switched it on booted up right away no problem.
    Also have 32Gb of Corsair Vengeance, but perhaps I should stick with what works for sure.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki79 View Post
    Is this some sort of G.Skill specific issue? I have 16Gb of 3200Mhz Crucial RAM, D.O.C.P works just fine for me. Just switched it on booted up right away no problem.
    Also have 32Gb of Corsair Vengeance, but perhaps I should stick with what works for sure.
    What's your CPU? It isn't enough to just say I have Crucial and DOCP works just fine, not helpful

ROG Member Array

I'm having some problems with my USB 3.1 gen1 connector 19 pin, it's not detecting any devices I connect to it. Any advice? I'm using Win10 1903 latest, bios July 2019, no programs no nothing installed yet. I'm using the Ryzen balanced power.

New ROGer Array

I'm on 2406 but after flashing Windows 10 on a usb stick (usb 2.0 & usb 3.0), I get to the "media driver is missing" screen. I've tried reinserting into different usb ports but still can't get past that step.

I know it reads it because otherwise I wouldn't be able to boot to the screen. For the moment I installed pop os (by flashing a usb) so I at least have something running. Anyone else have issues?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie View Post
    What's your CPU? It isn't enough to just say I have Crucial and DOCP works just fine, not helpful
    I wouldn't have replied if I wasn't using one of the new ryzen CPUs, R7 3700x, motherboard is an ASUS Strix x470-i gaming (itx) with the 2501 BIOS.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Foolproof View Post
    I've just changed to a 3700x from a 2700x on the X470-I and im currently running the latest bios of 2406, i had the dramas with the previous bios not actually operating the cpu fan which was fun shall we say.

The problem now is were on 2406 and i cant even touch my memory settings AT ALL otherwise the pc just wont post at all and i dare not touch the cpu settings until i know that it's more stable to actually overclock so i'm just sat on default ram speeds 2133 15-15-15-36? i believe, and i have Trident Z CL14 3200 installed i just cant touch it, nor can i be arsed to keep clearing cmos when it doesnt post.

I have read on the other motherboard forums that the VCORE Memory is locked at 1.2v on startup but there's no option on this ITX board to change it so i'm under the assumption that i just have to wait until they release another update and hope it solves the dramas were having.
    Hello i have same mobo,ram and processor like you and i had the same problems ! After to much tinkering now im stable with d.o.c.p at 2933 mhz cl14!
    All i did was to set docp then lower freq from 3200 to 2933 at 1.35v ez!
    Close Core enhancement ,pbo all that **** of because is buggy and dont do anything and w8 for the next bios update!

New ROGer Array

Problems updating to BIOS 2501 before dropping in new Ryzen 3700x

Hey all -
    Curious if you had issues with error message "the model of the BIOS image doesn't match the BIOS ROM currently present" when flashing BIOS to 2501? Trying to drop 3700X in and can't even get BIOS up to correct version. ASUS Support told me to clear CMOS which isn't super bad, but annoying since I have RAID 0 and have to move data all around now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast