Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    That don't sound promising to me, your motherboard should have recovered by now

Remove all HDD/SSD drives, USB devices, GPU, (connected devices) to eliminate other hardware failure first, then if problem persist RMA the motherboard if you have the possibility to do so

Sad to hear.......
    I'm currently talking to an agent, and seem to have gone through every trick in the book.

What I'm worried is that, if the board has to go through RMA, I might end up with a board shipped back with a bios not compatible with Ryzen 3rd gen, and having to find a way to flash it afterwards.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

they should be able to ship you a motherboard with a bios installed for Ryzen 3000, it says on the box which bios version thats installed on the motherboard
    or you can ask them to send you a CPU that you later have to return (good will)
    I built a new computer for a friend a couple of weeks ago B450-F, and it had a bios supporting the new Ryzen 3000 out of the box
    No bios flashback on premium Asus motherboards in 2019 is a disgrace, that feature should not land inside the frames of segmentation on a platform like AM4

Good luck now..
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-05-2019 at 05:48 PM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

I upgraded the CPU/GPU a couple of days ago to 2700X/780Ti from 2400G/Radeon 5770, and everything is running great
    I really don*t need the full performance of 2700X, but since it was a gift. the 780Ti was bought second hand @70 USD
    The IMC on this 2700X is not top bin, but will run 3400mhz with my memory kit without any hiccups on a daily basis
    I ended up undervolting this CPU with 0,1v (or something like that)
    The Asus 780Ti stock bios had to be swapped out also, it had a nasty glitch + new thermal paste
    This B450-I will live on for many years to come with me, whether it like it or not......
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ayk-C4Z-do.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	81860

Name:	NyxhYzzrWjc.jpg 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	81865

Name:	05gQoty7Des.jpg 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	81861

I don't play any of the GPU demanding titles, so the 780Ti works out for my kind of gaming entertainment
    (hmm, honestly i did not tweak the graphic settings for this benchmark)

Name:	hfTvaBT4KzE.jpg 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	81862

I hacked the power connector for the graphics card, i only had one 8pin+6pin PSU cable (but this graphics card require two 8 pin connectors)
    The loose two pin PCI-E connector don't hold any power anyway, its just looped and used for the graphics card to identify the connector type
    This hack can be done with a single 12v rail premium PSU with sufficient power rating, otherwise it could be potentially dangerous and overload the PSU

Name:	gH0-8ygEy0Q.jpg 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	81863

Just an update what's brewing, cheers..
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-14-2019 at 07:42 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vkupresa View Post
    I upgraded my board this morning and all seems well. My R5 3600 all core boosts seem slightly higher (1% or less), but my single core score went down in CPU-Z about 3% because now two cores apparently are boosting for some reason when the single core part of the benchmark is running. Voltages on idle are now 1.0x V instead of 1.1x-1.2xV

I recommend loading optimized defaults before upgrading the BIOS and reloading any settings you have afterwards and reintroducing any overclocks you have gradually - it did not like my DDR4-3600 memory overclock being introduced all at once out of the box from a saved configuration and kicked back to 2400MHz.

ROG Member Array

Anyone using the new BIOS (esp. 2801) with a 2700x and get good results? I was going to upgrade to the last pre-Zen 2 BIOS based on the upgrade chart ASUS had released, so I went with 2201, bu they ended up releasing the ComboAM4 a release early so I'm still running janky 0.0.7.2a. But I've seen all the problems with some of the new BIOS versions like fans running at 100% and such and problems with RAM cold booting with DOCP.

I did a downgrade to 1201, but I ran into the problem of no UUID and SSN so I went back to my saved ROM backup. I know that I can push those in with FD44Editor, but it doesn't end up matching the same layout of the original version, which I don't know if that matters or not.
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

New ROGer Array

@TeutonJon78, I am currently using with the r5 2600, in general in my experience with it, its been rock solid.

New ROGer Array

Hello guys,

New X470-i owner here, and I am running into an issue with boot loop, no screen, no post to bios when using both M.2 slot with a GPU. If I remove the back M.2, it seems to work fine. Any idea on what is going on? I am reading that if you use 2x nvme, that the GPU goes to 8x instead of 16x which should't matter for me using a GTX 1070 correct?

Currently, the PICE, and M.2 slots are set to auto in the bios.
    Should I change something?

If I have both M.2, I get a white led, follow by 1 second of green led, then system reboots.
    Hope you can help, thank you.

My system Specs:

Ryzen 3700x
    Asus ROG Ryuo 240 AIO (On order)
    Asus ROG X470-i (Bios 2801)
    Asus ROG GTX 1070
    Samsung 960 Pro 512mb (Front)
    Intel 660p 1tb (Back)
    Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 16GB 3600mhz
    Corsair LL120x3 w/ARGB adapter
    Corsair SF750 Platinum
    Nouvolo Steck + Stack
    Windows 10 Home
    Last edited by bbqporkk; 09-30-2019 at 07:27 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I own a B450-I Gaming motherboard and had a horror story to share. Intent on upgrading from my 2600X, I purchased a 3600X from Newegg. When it arrived, I excitedly opened the package and as I was examining the merchandise prior to any installation attempt, the new 3600X adhered to the thermal paste that was preapplied to the bottom of the included Wraith Spire cooler. I tried to pull the CPU free and was astonished at how sticky this thermal paste was. It took an incredible amount of force to free the processor. It almost seemed like they were magnetized. Then suddenly the CPU came free and at that moment it came flying out of my hands and landed on the ground. This is the most likely point where the CPU sustained damage.

I attempted to install the CPU in my B450-I Gaming motherboard and I was astonished at how difficult it was to visually see the triangle indicator on the socket. I'm not sure if all brands utilize the same exact socket material/color but I couldn't help but think that Asus seriously dropped the ball here. How hard would it be to make the little triangle white colored? Why would you ever have the tiny triangle be the same color as the socket itself? Realistically I may have damaged the processor at that moment also. So I got the CPU installed and got it seated. I tried to start the computer and it wouldn't boot. Eventually, I put the 3600X away for about a month and continued using my 2600X. Come to find out, the reason it wouldn't boot is because I had to upgrade the BIOS again. Bear in mind, I had already upgraded to a BIOS that was supposed to support 3rd Gen Ryzen. This is another instance of Asus dropping the ball if I'm not mistaken. So I get the 3600X installed with another BIOS update and it still won't boot. Finally I realized that my second memory slot had to be left unused for it to boot. I couldn't determine if this was an issue related to CPU damage or if it was a QVL issue. My memory is F4-3200-C14D-32GTZR G.skill Trident RGB (2 x 16gb). So now I could boot, but with only one stick of RAM. I inspected my CPU and noticed that there was some slight bends. I did absolute best to straighten everything out with a magnifying glass and razor blade. Well apparently, at some point one of the pins broke off completely. So at this point I'm not sure if the reason I can't use both sticks of memory is related to the CPU or if it's related to QVL. The computer still boots and performs fine. My only issue is not being able to use both my sticks of memory. I have the latest BIOS, just updated in the past 24 hours.

I've already contacted Newegg and they refused to offer me any kind of exchange or return. I've been told to expect the same from ASUS and AMD. Is there any possibility that the reason I can't use my memory is related to compatibility or is it a certain CPU issue? Also, is there any chance Asus would do anything to assist me? I wanted to know before I sell my 2600X and half my memory kit. If there is anybody with experience who could offer me an explanation that would make AMD replace the chip, please send me a private message or something. I know they say they don't deal with broken pins.

ROG Member Array

Just a note, I did upgrade to 2801 and it working quite well, DOCP is working for my 3200 CL 14 memory. The only flaw (which isn't new) is that Vsoc doesn't get set right. It used to bump up correctly if I set the Vdram to 1.36 manually, but that doesn't work.

Manually setting Vsoc=1.0125 based from the Ryzen DRAM Calculator worked perfectly fine at auto DOCP.
    2700X - Rog Strix B450-i - g.skill 3200 CL14

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7