cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080ti Strix Runs Hot ? 80-85C° CPU 1875Mhz

einsindrei
Level 10
Hi,
i have a 2080Ti CoD4 Edition under Air cooled. I think tthis Card Runs in Battlefield 5 in Ultra Settings 3440x1440 with Ray Tracing On a little bit to hot or is the Temperature ok, around 80-85C°? I use the Quiet Bios and Fans are running arround 70-75%. My Strix as Micron Memory. The Card runs in ASUS GPU TWeakII OC Mode.

I know i can install a Waterblock and Custom loop, but i don't want it ^^ Other Ideas to get in cooler? I'm worried about Summer.... when will temperatures are higher?

I have a 570X 6 Fans Front In, Top 2x 240m Fans Exhaust and in the back 120er exhauts.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Temps seem fine. DXR (RTX/Ray Tracing) is computationally intensive and thus higher temps can be expected. If already using GPU Tweak, you can adjust the fan curve to compensate.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

einsindrei
Level 10
I test and my Card runs also in Total War Saga - Thrones of Britannia around 83C° with fans about 80%... 😞

mcmarky
Level 8
Seem to me strange if fans turning at 80%...

Are all fans really turning?

What about air flow general in case? Room temp?

einsindrei
Level 10
Room Temp 19-21C°. 6 Fans in the Front with Radiator In, 2 Top and 1 Back out. The Rest is really cool

cljustin
Level 8
80-85 is fine, RTX cards are known to run hotter than the GTX line.

Vlada011
Level 10
On all Strix graphic card fan settings for games should be 70-80% manual.
If temps is 80C with 80% fan speed that must be some graphic demanding games and next move is gaming without side panel.
I believe removing side panel will cripple temperatures for 10C at least.

panzlock
Level 12
I don't know much about the behaviour of the RTX line of cards and relative heat generation but as a general rule I don't like having too many fans taking air in if it can't be ejected fast enough. I have 4 case fans total, 2 intake, 2 ejecting (top and rear) in both my PC's and temps are tip top for all components.

Just to be safe, check the rear exhaust fan by feeling the air being ejected. If it's warm you have too much warm air trapped inside the case not being ejected quick enough. You may need to adjust your chassis fan curves to compensate.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

player678
Level 7
einsindrei wrote:
Hi,
i have a 2080Ti CoD4 Edition under Air cooled. I think tthis Card Runs in Battlefield 5 in Ultra Settings 3440x1440 with Ray Tracing On a little bit to hot or is the Temperature ok, around 80-85C°? I use the Quiet Bios and Fans are running arround 70-75%. My Strix as Micron Memory. The Card runs in ASUS GPU TWeakII OC Mode.

I know i can install a Waterblock and Custom loop, but i don't want it ^^ Other Ideas to get in cooler? I'm worried about Summer.... when will temperatures are higher?

I have a 570X 6 Fans Front In, Top 2x 240m Fans Exhaust and in the back 120er exhauts.

Thanks

Are you sure that cards fans run at 70-75% and not the case fans? I also had the card heating up to 80ºC and then I changed the fan curves (for all three fans) in GPU Tweek (advanced mode) with 30-65% range for the fans (the highest setting was for 70ºC) and it never gets any hotter than 68ºC now at 2100MHz. This build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/M2dXsY, so your problem can be different.

edrickjk
Level 7
I think your main issue is the video card is chocking its own hot air and recycling it .Even if you push some air to it,the hot air have little to no place to go . Every case is different but try this,switch your front fan to exhaust and the back one as an intake see if it improve this way .