cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 2700x / x470-f high CPU temp issue

dnoobeditor
Level 7
Hi there.

I just built a new system based on Ryzen 7 2700x and Asus x470-f. My issue is when all settings of my MoBo is left on "Auto" the CPU Vcore goes crazy high (1.4 - 1.5V) even with simple tasks on win10. I can manually set my Vcore(from BIOS) to 1.35V and its stable and the temps are 40C at idle and 52-58C in games or high load software.

My question is , is there an option to leave the board Ai settings at auto but make sure the voltage doesnt go too high, because in auto mode if the vcore goes beyond 1.4V the CPU temps become 67-69C and thats with a Cooler Master Masterliquid 240L AiO.

I don't like to OC anything so all I want is a cool stable stock valued system. I hope someone can help me or guide me through the best settings and tweaking for my ryzen 2700x and x470-f motherboard.

My system is ;
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus ROG x470-f
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte 1080 ti 11G gaming edition.
Cooler Master ML 240 RGB AiO
Thermaltake toughpower 850w PSU

Thanks.

Ps. Yes my BIOS is up to date and the high CPU temps arent related to thermal paste (using high quality thin layer mastergel) and yes the AiO pump is working great 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Mordorr
Level 8
Mine temps, basically stock watercooled:

Basically everything is auto except memory...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
My Threadripper was doing the same thing...I have used a negative offset to reign in the voltage... currently run -0.09375v and it hasn't affected idle stability...

Maybe try a negative offset there start low and slowly increase it

Thanks.

I'll try the negative offset experiment and see how it goes. Just to figure out the concept, when I do a negative offset will that also lower the lowest voltage the cpu goes?

for e.g in Ai auto mode the motherboard sets the voltage between 0.8V and then to 1.4 or 1.5V ; yes it will reduce the max voltage but if it reduces the lowest point the cpu might cause trouble or the pc might freeze.

Anyway I'll try n see 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, that's why I mentioned idle stability...since it does indeed chop voltage off throughout the vid range...just have to experiment a bit I guess

You can see difference between vid and offset voltage...max is now 1.4v for the one or two core AFR...and idle is 0.762 instead of 0.85 for me...

I know I can offset more for the top end...but haven't pushed it for fear of destabilising the bottom end...just gone for a happy compromise area