Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

gupsterg

Thank you very much. Little by little, im starting getting the bases for this....i wish only have more time to build step-by-step profiles and stress them..

I also have the same doubts of the ser above: How to pass to text my profiles? It would beneficial everybody and help me better to improve one or other option!

Thank you all!

P.S. At this moment i think my configurations are stable, except i cant low Vcore with multiplier at 42.....
    On my old PK5-E Board, there was a option to turn off/on thisllll

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
    gupsterg—that's great info, thanks for that. I have a similar thread open but I'll just reply back here so as to not have two of the same threads.

I've been experimenting as well the past few days and find PBO to have a great combination of speed and efficiency/cooling. In terms of RAM OC, I've been able to run The Stilt's fast 3200 preset timings with no issues, solid so far. I haven't been successful at running his 3466 preset though, so I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to get that working if his fast 3200 is working fine. I haven't tried his fast 3333 preset but I'll try that tonight.

Also, when you're using PBO/XFR—I'm assuming it would stop working the moment you change the Multiplier to anything other than 37 right? Because then you're manually OCing the CPU. What about increasing the BUS up 1 or 2 to 101 or 102..does that affect PBO/XFR?

How do I create a text file for my profiles like you did? Would love to do that and paste here so you can have a look.
    No problem .

IMO and plenty of others, once you reach 3200MHz the gains past that are not large enough to worry about. The image below is posted in this link, has setup info and info on timings/clock cycle you may find interesting. OP has some info you may find also good read, but OP is messed up a bit from forum SW change, I must update it when find time. Also you'll find a section "Is RAM MHz king?" in OP of OCN thread, I think I also have similar section in C7H ROG thread. Also web calculator link, in zip is a spreadsheet I use at times to see RAM MHz affect of ns when using x timings.

My_RAM_calc.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	809c2f11_Benches.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	79050

Way back when Ryzen gen 1/C6H was released, The Stilt had stated this:-

Name:	The Stilt on RAM, etc.jpg 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	79051

Bare in mind that post was when Ryzen gen 1 was released, that handled 4 dimms better IMO. Plus that was in C6H thread, which has T-Topology, this seemed better to me on 4 dimms than C7H. When I tested gen 2 on C6H and C7H, I used a RAM kit which I had gained 3400MHz on gen 1+C6H with ease.

The CPU will enter OC mode once you increase CPU ratio by +25MHz over base clock. As the 2700X base clock is 3.7GHz pushing past CPU ratio of 37 will engage OC mode, PB/XF2 will then be automatically disabled, you can not force it on by setting Core Performance Boost: [Enabled].

Yes you can use BCLK to enhance CPU frequency of PB/XFR2. There are few issues with this:-

• Other HW may not like BCLK increase, for example I could lose an addon card after say 109MHz. On gen 2 you can use Async mode to separate BCLK (see C7H highlights PDF in ROG thread OP), but then hit a latency penalty.

• You can not limit say single core frequency. So with BCLK you could hit say 4.5GHz which maybe too much and system freeze at that point.

• The CPU SMU monitors effective voltage, so a + VCORE offset will not apply as SMU will reduce it back. Only 2 instances I see the + offset affect VCORE is at system POST (verified with DMM) and at idle. I have not tried manual voltage, but IIRC from other users shares CPU does not down volt. I must check power meter to see if it affects idle power usage or not.

• If you go above BCLK 101MHz set CPU voltage mode to offset/+/auto, otherwise I find my CPU is voltage limited. IIRC also you need to set Core Performance Boost : [Enabled] or you may not see PB/XFR2 in action.

Don't forget to lower RAM ratio. Below is example of my current CPU using BCLK 103.8MHz, RAM ratio is 3466MHz, but due to BCLK change is 3598MHz.

Name:	P95 v28.10b1 RAM B103.8 +12.5mV PBOEP 1.075 1.39 0.7 34 Off 48 room 17C PASS 15.25hrs.jpg 
Size:	803.0 KB 
ID:	79053

UEFI page Tool > ASUS User Profiles > Load/Save to USB > [CTRL+F2] will save settings as txt to USB stick.

You may find if you use a - VCORE offset CPU may boost higher, the SMU does not interfere with voltage reductions. I have seen mild frequency gains by doing that even when do not increase BCLK. I tested between range of 0.0125 to 0.0750, my CPU liked 0.05V. My test data showed too little an offset gained me nothing, too much and some what I reckon SMU curbed CPU frequency as the voltage was not adequate for frequency gain. So I do believe there is sweet spot to gain frequency besides it's affect on stability. Note you may still see same load VCORE, as what happens is as SMU push frequency, due to headroom from negative offset, you end up very close to normal voltage, I hope this make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorr View Post
    gupsterg

Thank you very much. Little by little, im starting getting the bases for this....i wish only have more time to build step-by-step profiles and stress them..

I also have the same doubts of the ser above: How to pass to text my profiles? It would beneficial everybody and help me better to improve one or other option!

Thank you all!

P.S. At this moment i think my configurations are stable, except i cant low Vcore with multiplier at 42.....
    On my old PK5-E Board, there was a option to turn off/on thisllll
    No worries , answer is above on UEFI settings txt creation.

ZIP the txt, attach to post, then can give better answer on how perhaps to resolve the VCORE downvolt issue.
    Last edited by gupsterg; 02-22-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme - G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

New ROGer Array arvinz PC Specs
    arvinz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VII
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
    Graphics Card #1Asus Geforce GTX1080 Ti Strix OC
    MonitorDell U3818DW
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro (512GB)
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro (1TB)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT H700i
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 750W
    Keyboard Microsoft Designer Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Mouse Pad Elago Orange Aluminum mousepad
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks gupsterg—I tried to that command to save to my usb stick and even though it said it created the text file successfully, when I got into Windows the USB drive was empty. I tried formatting it in both exfat and ntfs and both times the drive was empty. Do I need to plug it into the motherboard usb port? I even tried taking screenshots with F12 and that didn't show up either on the drive. Strange...

I'll try again tonight but I'll plug it into the motherboard usb slot instead of the case, maybe that makes a difference.

New ROGer Array

I came here to say the same.....whatever i do i can`t create a text....and now i remember o did try before...

F12 give-me a corrupt file....but sometimes it happens....
    Also, it seems i cant change drive letter or explore drivers.....

Thank you very much!

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

Strange, don't know what to say TBH.

I'm using a FAT32 formatted 16GB USB stick. Same stick as I use for UEFI flashback.

Name:	USB stick info.jpg 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	79073

To dump settings txt or cmo file I can use any USB port, may that be rear IO or ones on case via headers. Only when I use Flashback must the USB stick be in USB port marked as BIOS on rear IO.

I can also browse/select which folder I would like to save the settings txt or cmo file to.

Name:	ASUS User Profiles.jpg 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	79074
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme - G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger

New ROGer Array

Hi.
    Maybe because my FAT32 usb drive is always on USB port marked as BIOS on rear IO....

Today i can`t, but tomorow, i will try to use a normal port usb for this.

Thank you for the clues!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I remember something in the manual about some USB3 (larger) drives potentially having issues. They recommend using USB2 drives. In any case, maybe just try a different flash drive.

I use a 512MB USB2 flash drive for saving screenshots, documents, or flashing BIOS/UEFI, and I haven't had problems. I have also used both the motherboard USB ports as well as the ones on the case / USB header.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Awesome post, @gupsterg ! Where is that spreadsheet screenshot from, with the read/write/copy rates and memory latency at different RAM MHz?

I wish there were a way to compare results in Windows and linux with a standardized tool. In linux, Intel's MLC gives me 68-72 ms latency for my 2 X 16GB @ 3200 MHz DOCP. But MLC reports reads at ~44GB/s and GSAT reports copy at ~25GB/s. So it's not clear which measurements can be compared.

gupsterg PC Specs
    Processori5 4690K
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #2HGST 2TB

@gorpo

No problem, glad it was helpful .

The excel spreadsheet is linked in post 32, "The image below is posted in this link" the link takes you to OCN post which has a ZIP with it.

From what jpmboy said to me year or so ago, the speed data in GSAT is not very accurate. There is a Ryzen Memory thread on OCN, IIRC within the first 10 pages there is that info.

I'd think that latency figure using Intel MLC is very similar to what AIDA64 would show. I'll run AIDA64 / Intel MLC in WinOS and then Intel MLC in Linux Mint on my rig and share data .
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

New ROGer Array

So i have a FAT32 32G memory.

I create a folder on it, i could see it on UEFI, choose it, and save it.

On W10, there isnt nothing inside..fc

Gonna try other pen no so big....this is weird....

P.S. I also use it to flash UEFI and no problems...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast