Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

Z390 Code XI Armoury Crate drivers and updates

These is just a head up regarding my testing of the z390 Code XI Before jumping to more advance ways.

Asus OFFICES Dev. Take notes.

I am a guy that likes asus, love asus, and promote sales and help asus users the best I can. But please take notes since not all are savy to engage on issues that can be more agrresive engage. Here are my notes. I know I know these is better and make these and that. You buy a premium board a expensive board and we expect at leat on day1 have it working.

1. Armory Crate IS NOT WORKING. Sure by bios on first start is enable. On windows install, these get installed. IS A FANTASTIC TOOL. but is not working the way is supposes to work. To start, drivers ARE NOT pulling updated version from the server. Example, is reading a old latest version. that install 1815.12.0.2021 and on the codexi asus website the new one is 1828.12.0.1152 IF these can not pull the last version on a driver, these is not working. at all. The app will read changes, well at least on Driver, utility is not reading ok. SO PLEASE if these is a new way to deploy drivers for normal new users. IS NOT WORKING. The board will load version 1.4.1.0. I like the app and read from the app. Is a good tool so users can be aware new versions. BUT IS NOT WORKING. FIX IT (deplay a new version that works or REMOVE IT. I find out that on the CODE XI support website a new last year driver was available and installed and the last version is old and the current is new. SO THE APPS is not pulling updates from the board info. SO IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. Same utilities. example CPUID is install with current versions, and still 1.86 Also the BIOS tab. is not working still on 0602 and there is 3 version on top.

2. The forums are doing a great job. ASUS use these huge effort and make these a app or send these drivers to the app can deploy adapted drivers. One expect to have the best but if your own programs are NOT pulling upgrades... is not ok. Sometimes these will raise issues that are common not having updated drivers version specially a IME driver that is critical. IF the app is available. OUT TO WORK. I just install a new version that is your own website. Is running FIX some errors that I was taking hit. I will make a clean install using the drivers that adms are working hard.

3. I have some users here in Panama that I will forward these since they are having issues and I know why. I will contact the local stores so buyers of z390 strix and MAXIMUS board need to ditch the app since is not working. NOT ALL are savvy . these can avoid RMA and potencial RMA from other software hardware etc.

4. All apps, at least for me is working. Is nice to see the 3.00.28 ai suite is working. is reading the board ok. I will get the new AIO and that APP is critical, at least for us, to control the new aio. is expensive i expect to work wonders. can you please make a 360 with the round oled display. at least is a option and cost less. btw, we sell those here.

New gear is on the way a x399 and a new x299 to work on those. I will post pictures.

Asus gear up. the best of all brands. And the best need maintenance so please at least you own apps, FIX IT. if a app, you app, do not read critical updates from your website like a IME, that is NOT BUENO. since IME driver are critical, and more with new bios that need those IME be updated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	{8F3CECE7-8026-4496-AFB9-7652631923B3}.png.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	78791
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorCore i9 9900k @ 4.7GHZ (XMP)
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorASUS VG278HR & ASUS VK278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Boot) & 970 EVO 2TB (Scratch)
    Storage #23X HGST 10TB, 1x HGST 4TB
    CPU CoolerScythe Mugen 5 PCGH
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair Voide Wireless SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 + Corsair MM800 Polaris (EU)
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-906
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetgear XR500
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 2X Corsair LL140, 4x Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 1x Corsair LED RGB Pro expansion kit, 2x LS100 RGB kit + 450mm expansion kit

and you're surprised it aint working (properly). They shouldn't be injecting that crap by default through the bios anyway! Major security risk to misuse the bios for things like that. That's freaking rootkit behavior

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    and you're surprised it aint working (properly). They shouldn't be injecting that crap by default through the bios anyway! Major security risk to misuse the bios for things like that. That's freaking rootkit behavior
    As far i research and check. these is not a security risk. unless a direct intervention, or asus servers get hack. The app have potential. but there always a on/off on bios. and uninstall. I check many times what that app do, close and open. and there is no signs even close. But i respect that since there is always risk. but windows worry more and google than a tiny app. I wish that make that better. is cool not to be on top every 5 days of new stuff in order to improve drivers deployment.

I am not surprise, in fact is nice if they put it to work. that is all. I test diagnose and report as many users, and help other here I my town.

I do like to look for my own drivers, but the idea is make newer users make it easy.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    Ch3vr0n PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorCore i9 9900k @ 4.7GHZ (XMP)
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX4M4Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorASUS VG278HR & ASUS VK278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Boot) & 970 EVO 2TB (Scratch)
    Storage #23X HGST 10TB, 1x HGST 4TB
    CPU CoolerScythe Mugen 5 PCGH
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair Voide Wireless SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 + Corsair MM800 Polaris (EU)
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-906
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterNetgear XR500
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
    Accessory #2 2X Corsair LL140, 4x Corsair LL120
    Accessory #3 1x Corsair LED RGB Pro expansion kit, 2x LS100 RGB kit + 450mm expansion kit

No risk? They shouldn't be using the BIOS table's to pull that stunt to begin with! It's perfectly fine that they developed it, but they should be offering it on the driver cd/dvd and downloads. Not mandatory push it by default through the bios. Remember the sony rootkit days, same exact stunt. Just a different manufacturer.

But as you, i check my own drivers too, i don't need a third party to do that for me.

ROG Member Array

Point is, why make the software if it DOESN'T WORK!!

Yeah it shouldn't be forced on users but if users wish to use it the freeken software should be able to check the servers and update drivers as intended but it just doesn't work. MSI have "live Update" that works and Asrock have "App Shop" that works yet Asus have Armory Crate that doesn't work, it's ridiculous.

I have GENE XI and Armory Crate doesn't work for checking the servers for updated drivers/bios/utilities....it's a joke.
    Last edited by lowdog; 02-12-2019 at 08:42 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XI
    Processor9900k @ 5.1Ghz All Core 1.315v AVX -2
    Memory (part number)Gskill GTZ 4133 C17 32GB (4x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 2080 TI OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur VOID Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

On one hand, I agree fully with the OP. If you're going to have a feature, it should work. Especially if it is a sensitive feature like a BIOS level updater. I can see folks willing to trade some security risk for an updater that work well. The real issue is that it doesn't pull the most recent files. So you trade some security for nothing.

On the other hand, I am not surprised. I haven't seen Asus EZ Update work right for the last 15 years. I NEVER use any auto updaters. They are ALL unreliable. And this includes updaters for ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte and the rest. Updaters are a waste of time.

MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    Processor9900K
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

Quote Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
    Point is, why make the software if it DOESN'T WORK!!

Yeah it shouldn't be forced on users but if users wish to use it the freeken software should be able to check the servers and update drivers as intended but it just doesn't work. MSI have "live Update" that works and Asrock have "App Shop" that works yet Asus have Armory Crate that doesn't work, it's ridiculous.

I have GENE XI and Armory Crate doesn't work for checking the servers for updated drivers/bios/utilities....it's a joke.
    Yep is sad. these is the, if I not wrong the 3 iteration. since the other is the one that comes with AI suite app.

I am on the pro side of these. but is important that, as you and all know, the hard work that users are doing to make these drivers be send. I wich i can be near and close to invete them to coffee. HELL a nice beer o a drink for the thanks.

I am drooping the ASUS app drivers next week. and make a clean install in favor the the ones on these post in Z390/z370 I did use them on my z270 and was wonderful to have up to date resources.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    Processor9900K
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    OS Windows 10 64btis

Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa View Post
    On one hand, I agree fully with the OP. If you're going to have a feature, it should work. Especially if it is a sensitive feature like a BIOS level updater. I can see folks willing to trade some security risk for an updater that work well. The real issue is that it doesn't pull the most recent files. So you trade some security for nothing.

On the other hand, I am not surprised. I haven't seen Asus EZ Update work right for the last 15 years. I NEVER use any auto updaters. They are ALL unreliable. And this includes updaters for ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte and the rest. Updaters are a waste of time.
    these is my 4th asus board. z170-z270-z370-z390 that I have work with on my own. and then a few x370-x470. 2 x299 prime. And tomorrow a 2950x with ASUS ROG STRIX X399-EGAMING and in order to make a good work, apps has to work. i am good with machines. but some are not. and there are more NOT than we. So some uses need these and should be working. Windows, apps are advancing fast 2018/2019 will be some huge changes that drivers NEED to be on top of the list.

These post is a wake bed call to asus. I know users here are doing a hard work. but mother need to put these on the list.

I fix a issue with a program. and i check that a driver was not in. a new one. 10 days, and a app that DOES NOT WORK. I fix it and try to make it work. but i can not be on top for a suppose app that do not connect to update. I manueally download the driver and the bios install it, and the program is working now. SO these is to the ones that they do not know, and the sad part.....

i see a RMA pass cause of these in a store today
    Learn, Play Enjoy!