Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF You Have ASUS Z390 Motherboards Please Enter

Retired
Not applicable
Hi;
I want to discuss about " Armoury Crate "
if you enter to Bios you have ASUS Armoury Crate : Enable / Disable
when i enabled the software Armoury Crate (Beta) automatically install from microsoft store
and my P.C take Long time to restart and boot
so i disable ASUS Armoury Crate from Bios
My PC fast restart and boot
My Question is : is the ASUS Armoury Crate important or not ??

Source (1) : https://www.techpowerup.com/248827/asus-z390-motherboards-automatically-push-software-into-your-wind...
Source (2) : https://proclockers.com/reviews/motherboards/asus-rog-maximus-xi-hero-wi-fi-z390-motherboard-review/...

THx
5 REPLIES 5

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
It aint, that's one of the first things i disabled in the bios. I don't like the bios being misused to inject driver or anything else. Let alone a windows app. In my mind its a SEVERE breach of trust and security from Asus' part towards users, that crap should be DISABLED by default. Not ENABLED. I check my drivers manually about once or twice a month. I don't need no crappy designed through the bios infected app to do it for me. Especially not one relying on the windows store.

Ch3vr0n wrote:
It aint, that's one of the first things i disabled in the bios. I don't like the bios being misused to inject driver or anything else. Let alone a windows app. In my mind its a SEVERE breach of trust and security from Asus' part towards users, that crap should be DISABLED by default. Not ENABLED. I check my drivers manually about once or twice a month. I don't need no crappy designed through the bios infected app to do it for me. Especially not one relying on the windows store.

My Amoury Crate option is always disabled. I can find my own drivers and when I no longer can, I'll find different hobby.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

I agree with the folks above as to not needing the service to update any drivers. I believe it introduces a security concern as well. I always disable it.

That said, I can see why Asus would add the feature as it could be beneficial to less experienced users. It allows for some functionality at the UEFI level such as being able to load a network driver and update your UEFI version without first having to install Windows. I think it was a well intentioned feature, but I do not like the security concerns it introduces.

Feklar wrote:
My Amoury Crate option is always disabled. I can find my own drivers and when I no longer can, I'll find different hobby.

Mine is too, but wait until you flash a biosupdate, then go into tools and check the setting. It'll be enabled again, by default!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I make a note also regarding these. But so far has not slow down my machine in any way. I have not dectect any breach of security or leak of data. Even close there is no access. But is not working ok anyway since is not pulling any update from the servers. The app have potencial. but still need a lot of work. The version from the store, IS NOT the same one.
Learn, Play Enjoy!