Threaded View

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    If I were you I'd buy local from somewhere with a good return policy. If something goes wrong...international RMA might be a nightmare.

All the AMD systems are compatible with an Nvidia GPU. No worries there.

It depends a bit on exactly what programs and what workload you want to do. There are some serious bargains on previous gen Threadripper 1950X and 1920X...on the X399 platform. The newer gen are also very good value 2950X 2920X again on X399. Zenith Extreme or Zenith Extrem Alpha maybe top end for gaming etc or the Prime for a bit more work oriented. If you want a lot of RAM for your work and quad channel these would be ideal...

If you don't need so many cores or only dual channel RAM the X470 boards ans 2700X etc.

Maybe check out some of the articles here https://www.pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php...they might have tested the software you want to use
    reading from what you said i thank you for the information it was really helpful so was the rest of the replies, but i want to ask you, when you said there are some serious bargains on previous gen Threadripper 1950X and 1920X...on the X399 platform. did you mean it in a negative way or in a positive way. bottom line is this a good setup :

MB : ASUS ROG Strix X399-E
    CPU : 1920X or 1950X on X399
    GPU : Asus Nvidia GTX 1070TI ( but im not sure which brand is fit best , asus or others. could use some advices.)
    PSU: advices?
    Coolers: Also advices?'
    Case : ?

Other than that everything seem good to me.