Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by panzlock View Post

better reason to stay with the R7 2700X which negates the purchase of a cooler or at the very least minimizes the price for the solution.

as far as i know there is a CPU cooler with the ryzen 2700X but my question is how many coolers should there be in my rig for optimized temperature?

Add EVGA's SuperNOVA to the PSU lineup. These are rebranded Seasonic and Super Flower units sold by a company offering 10 years warranty and an exceptional RMA policy.

Coolers:

Noctua: https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15

Be Quiet: https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1378

Cryorig: http://www.cryorig.com/r1-universal_us.php

Thermaltake: https://www.thermaltake.com/Cooler/L...ion/design.htm

Corsair: https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Catego.../CW-9060031-WW

Cooler Master: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/...iquid-pro-280/

Deepcool: http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CP...287_7921.shtml

ASUS: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Cooling/R...-360/overview/

Don't just review the coolers I posted. Check the websites for the best possible solution for the system you decide to build within your set budget. For example, if you purchase the Threadripper you'll want a Noctua NH-D15 minimum for air cooling, stepping up to liquid cooling subsequently. Again, better reason to stay with the R7 2700X which negates the purchase of a cooler or at the very least minimizes the price for the solution.
    thanks for the information!
    I think at the moment im thinking of this setup below but the thing is that ryzen7 2700X doesn't work on TR4 sockets anyway I'd go for the current cpu mention below.

ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING
    G.SKILL Flare X (for AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin ( open to better suggestions )
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core/16-Thread
    2TB HDD
    512GB SSD Samsung 970 EVO M.2
    ASUS VG278 Monitor
    AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W
    Case: Still Needs options that fit into the components
    Cooler: Still looking alot of models make it a bit confusing, but I'm considering Coolermaster.

there is some options for the motherboard as well which are X399-E and X399-A and more. which one of them is the best for the lineup.
    pc researching is a just very daunting task I'd like to thank you all for your help.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array panzlock PC Specs
    panzlock PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS X553M, ASUS Zenpad 10 Z300M, ASUS X542BA-DH99
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68-V LX, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i5-2500K, Intel i7-6700K, AMD Ryzen R7 1700
    Memory (part number)8GB Kingston 1333MhzDDR3 C9, 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3000Mhz DDR4 C16, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 560Ti, ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 O8G OC, Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 56
    Monitor32" INSIGNIA 720p, 32" Samsung 1080p C32F391FWN, 32" ASUS 1440p VA32AQ
    Storage #1Seagate 150GB 7200RPM, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (X2)
    Storage #2Seagate 500GB 7200RPM, WD Blue 3TB - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
    CPU CoolerDeepcool GAMMAXX 300, Deepcool Lucifer V2, Wraith Spire
    CaseAntec Sonata, Deepcool Dukase V1, Deepcool Dukase V3
    Power SupplyATX 650, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 (X2)
    Keyboard Logitech K220, MSI Interceptor DS4200 (X2)
    Mouse Microsoft 1850, Microsoft 4500, Gamdias Erebos LE, MSI DS 100, Redragon M601 Centrophorus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z313, Logitech Z506 (X2)
    OS Windows 10 Home X64, Windows 10 Pro X64 (X2)

Quote Originally Posted by SoftAddict View Post
    thanks for the information!
    I think at the moment im thinking of this setup below but the thing is that ryzen7 2700X doesn't work on TR4 sockets anyway I'd go for the current cpu mention below.

ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8-Core/16-Thread
    2TB HDD
    512GB SSD Samsung 970 EVO M.2
    ASUS VG278 Monitor
    AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W
    Case: Still Needs options that fit into the components
    Cooler: Still looking alot of models make it a bit confusing, but I'm considering Coolermaster.

there is some options for the motherboard as well which are X399-E and X399-A and more. which one of them is the best for the lineup.
    pc researching is a just very daunting task I'd like to thank you all for your help.
    Good setup. I only suggested the 2700X given possible budget constraints.

I'd consider a PSU with more headroom given your Vega 56 and Threadripper combination. Use this calculator to help choose your PSU: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

750 should be fine but a little extra headroom never killed anybody, provided the price difference isn't incomprehensible.

Case will depend on how much money you want to spend. Good airflow is of importance.

I prefer and am able to help with air coolers, but I can't dispense advice about liquid since I have no experience with them. I defer to others in that arena.
    Last edited by panzlock; 02-27-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftAddict View Post
    You want to buy a quad channel kit...that's one of the advantages of X399

You can use G.sKILL RAM configurator to see what kits they recommend for the platform...and choose a frequency and size for the set. Get one kit of the size you want now...don't plan to add memory later.
    https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...073&model=3218

i would look in to what CPU ( amd or intel ) the program you are going to use prefer first of all and go from there.
    is it autocad? is it 3d rendering? is it heavy CPU? does it support hyper treading?

Yeah i understand but it's for another motherboard right, it can't work with the mentioned build? im more than happy to pay less if the build still remains consistent.
    Last edited by SoftAddict; 02-27-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    i would look in to what CPU ( amd or intel ) the program you are going to use prefer first of all and go from there.
    is it autocad? is it 3d rendering? is it heavy CPU? does it support hyper treading?
    it's mostly Adobe suits, Autodesk maya, Vray at the moment.
    So 3D modeling texturing rendering and animation with video compositing and graphic design along side of gaming.

I think speaking of rendering it's a good amount of cores 8 is more than enough for me for the moment upgrading will leave that for another time.
    from what i read online and the guys here Vega 56 is a good card and im willing to go for it 8gb vram is also very good for me with VR ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    You want to buy a quad channel kit...that's one of the advantages of X399

You can use G.sKILL RAM configurator to see what kits they recommend for the platform...and choose a frequency and size for the set. Get one kit of the size you want now...don't plan to add memory later.
    https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...073&model=3218
    Thanks I'll keep that into consideration.
    I think I don't need more than 32 gb ram
    I'll go for that.

which one of the TR4 Amd socket motherboards which work with the setup i mentioned before is fit best for both upgrade possibilities and value/performance?

I see alot of options : Asus zenith , X399-A , X399-E and Prime and alot more not sure which one is the most suitable for both good price and capabilities.

I'd consider a PSU with more headroom given your Vega 56 and Threadripper combination. Use this calculator to help choose your PSU: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

750 should be fine but a little extra headroom never killed anybody, provided the price difference isn't incomprehensible.

The case will depend on how much money you want to spend. Good airflow is of importance.

I prefer and am able to help with air coolers, but I can't dispense advice about liquid since I have no experience with them. I defer to others in that arena.
    I headed over that website seems cool but the results weren't, so I might need some help with choosing the right PSU for the setup which showed me the scary part of the build all failing if the PSU chosen wrong.

i typed all of the components into the calculator and the results, well, they seem inaccurate or I'm not sure if I entered something incorrectly.

P.S " NEVERMIND, stupidly i was mistaken with the CPU count, Apparently i was mistaken of typing Cpu count as if it's cores hahaha
    CPU count: by default it's 1 physical chip. Multicore CPU still counts as 1 physical CPU.
    Last edited by SoftAddict; 02-27-2019 at 10:47 PM. Reason: stupidly i was mistaken with the CPU count, Apparently i was mistaken of typing Cpu count as if it's cores

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast