cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASU ROG G571J Turns on and then shuts down - Ideas how to fix?

danielfcastro
Level 7
It begun happening yesterday after I normally closed the lid.

I tried cleaning up the fan to make sure it was not a heating issue and nothing changed.
It does not seems to be an HD issue, however I would love to be wrong because the fix would be cheaper.
I am not sure what can be done before sending to support.

Here it is the video of what is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1ZJRnN2jM
3 REPLIES 3

Gps3dx
Level 12
that "please wait" is an OS message.
you should boot into windows installation disk/usb and try to repair your installed OS.
you can be guided if you read my guide - that sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum ( or just see my sig for a link )

also, you should boot winPE or a linux distro to check the SMART value of your HDD...if it is good /dead or going to be soon....
e.i there's a free old version of partedMagic (Pmagic) - or simply get ubuntu onto a usb.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

The problem is the irregularity. There are times where I can enter the recovery menu and then the shutdown happens, there are other times when I even login windows and other times where I can not even begin booting.

danielfcastro
Level 7
The root cause of this issue was the lack of grounding. I walked back what I did before the problem appeared and saw that I made an update in my electrical installation changing the electrical ruler and when I plugged my notebook on it the ground was not connected. After I connected it worked perfectly.