cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2k on a 27" IPS monitor OR 2k on a 32" VA monitor? Please help

Youngevans
Level 7
I am changing my samsumg U28E590D 4K 60hz monitor 28 inches (TN) to a 2k (1440p) 165hz and here is why;
1. 4K is stupidly demanding and expensive to run, most games runs poorly at 4k resolutions. I have gtx 1080ti water cooled, 8700k cpu and I hate to see "some" games running poorly on my system.

2. The samsung U28E590D is a 28 inch TN panel and colors look bad in my opinion. The first thing I noticed right away when I plugged it in upgrading from a 2007 viewsonic vx2835wm 28 inch TFT Active Matrix with a resolution of 1920 x 1200p was bad color reproduction, washed out colors on the samsung 4k TN monitor.

3. This 4k TN monitor has a very poor viewing angle. Tilt it slightly and you'll see a different image on the screen. Once I run games at 4k resolution, they looked crisped and sharp

I love bigger screens because I sit close to 2 full arm length to my monitor, my issue is should I get the 1440p @165hz on a 27" g-sync IPS monitor or the 1440p @165hz on a 32" g-sync VA monitor? I am meticulous (I pay good attention to details) and I love bigger displays sizes. ( choosing between ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ 27" WQHD $600 US & LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD $650 US) I like everything about the asus 27" but I think I like the 32" on the LG. Whiles I like the 32" on the LG I like the IPS on the asus. So now, if I choose the 32" VA panel Do you think the bigger screen would ruin the 'crisp' of the display, for me to notice moving from 28inch 4k TN monitor? Will the 27" be too small for me, moving from 28" and my two arm strech length size? I didnt complain about the screen of the 28" 4k monitor though. As I said earlier, I love big screens but the image quality and color reproduction of the 27" ips too I love. Which should I get, personal experiences will help me a lot than guesses. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards.
young3vans
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I use 2K@32" and I think it's perfectly fine as a PPI density. It's equivalent to a 1080p 24" display. So if you ever had one of those that should give you an idea. But it's a personal choice so if there is anywhere you can go in person to see a display with the same PPI it might help you. It doesn't have to be the same display if you are presently concerned with the density.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I use 2K@32" and I think it's perfectly fine as a PPI density. It's equivalent to a 1080p 24" display. So if you ever had one of those that should give you an idea. But it's a personal choice so if there is anywhere you can go in person to see a display with the same PPI it might help you. It doesn't have to be the same display if you are presently concerned with the density.

Unfortunately it is not available where I am currently, so I am ordering it. This means there's no shop around here that sells gaming monitors. So I can't go check them. Is your 32" also a VA panel, how does colors look, and the viewing angle, is ut better than my samsumg TN monitor? Thanks in advance
young3vans

xeromist
Over the years I have seen TN, IPS, VA. Both IPS and VA are reasonably good for color accuracy when calibrated. IPS has much better viewing angles than VA but I believe VA should be fine for vertical tilt. It's when you view the display from the side that you will see issues with VA.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Over the years I have seen TN, IPS, VA. Both IPS and VA are reasonably good for color accuracy when calibrated. IPS has much better viewing angles than VA but I believe VA should be fine for vertical tilt. It's when you view the display from the side that you will see issues with VA.

Great! Thank you very much, you've been of great help
young3vans

xeromist wrote:

Great! Thank you very much, you've been of great help. if you were me, would you choose the VA 32" panel since I like bigger screens over the 27" IPS panel? I am asking this because I read that 1440p looks better on 27" than on 32" how is this statement true or relevant if you were me?
young3vans

xeromist
I personally prefer the larger size and do not notice individual pixels. I sit 20-30 inches from the display.

xeromist wrote:
I personally prefer the larger size and do not notice individual pixels. I sit 20-30 inches from the display.

Great!
young3vans