cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gl703ge slowly dying!?

MichaelNit13
Level 7
Hello guy's, my name is Michael.

So, recently I bought the Asus gl703ge for casual gaming and mostly for video editing. Though, in the four months that I have it, the laptop started getting worse. In the beginning, it gave me couple blue screens (bsod) and sometimes it restarted on its own, but that happened rarely. After a while, I started noticing that the laptop wasn't performing as it was, but I thought that it was because of the graphics card driver's(nvidia slowing performance etc...). The past couple days, I noticed that the graphics card clock speeds where 1mhz , the temperature was minus thirty-two thousand degrees Celsius!!! And the memory, also stuck at 1mhz. I was very confused. At first I thought that the problem where the driver's! So, I reinstalled the driver, nothing happened. Then, I tried installing everyone of the the older ones, again nothing. I even did a complete factory reset, deleting all the existing apps and files, of the fear that I had a virus. Again, nothing. But enough about the GPU, let's talk about the cpu. The cpu memory stuck at 28 thousand MHz (honestly I forgot what it was, but the point it's that it's near the limit in the diagram), and the clock speeds had dropped dramatically, from 3.8mhz average to 2.8 average. And it shouldn't come as a surprise, that the laptops performance is terrible in comparison to what it should be. I have to mention, that sometimes when I charge the laptop, for some reason it starts emitting electricity and I can feel it when I'm touching the metal parts of the laptop. So, after all of that I contacted Asus technical support and they sent me a form to fill to claim my warranty. I did it and after a while they send me a email with a ticket code. The problem that occurred, is that I have to contact the Asus Greece via phone call, for them to give me a password to complete the activation of the warranty. Why is that a problem you might ask, the problem is that their phone number doesn't work. I dicided to contact again with Asus, so now I'm waiting for their reply. Please help! The model of the laptop is: Asus gl703ge. Thanks for your time!
5 REPLIES 5

tap002
Level 9
I'm assuming your getting your outlandish GPU readings from gaming center. Gaming center not properly reading your GPU is a direct results of latest NVIDIA driver 418, at least it is for me. When I uninstall the latest NVIDIA driver and revert back to the 417 driver my gaming center works as always. I've read posts about gaming center not working for others prior to this. I have never seen a solution. Currently my gaming center just crashes on opening. P.S. GPU-z (available from this web page heading downloads) has always read the GPU correctly. I have no problems with my CPU, just ran a benchmark using XTU. Mabey check your power plan and your power plan advanced settings? Your latest bios is 314, maybe update? 314 feels to have slowed my pc it certainly increased CPU tempatures by a couple of degrees. I have never felt a electrical charge, never! Clearly it seems you have a greater problem. Best of luck.

tap002 wrote:
I'm assuming your getting your outlandish GPU readings from gaming center. Gaming center not properly reading your GPU is a direct results of latest NVIDIA driver 418, at least it is for me. When I uninstall the latest NVIDIA driver and revert back to the 417 driver my gaming center works as always. I've read posts about gaming center not working for others prior to this. I have never seen a solution. Currently my gaming center just crashes on opening. P.S. GPU-z (available from this web page heading downloads) has always read the GPU correctly. I have no problems with my CPU, just ran a benchmark using XTU. Mabey check your power plan and your power plan advanced settings? Your latest bios is 314, maybe update? 314 feels to have slowed my pc it certainly increased CPU tempatures by a couple of degrees. I have never felt a electrical charge, never! Clearly it seems you have a greater problem. Best of luck.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! At first this was exactly what I thought, that the Asus gaming center gave me false readings. So, I downloaded GPU-z and it's the exact same thing. Also, my current bios is indeed 314, but it's the latest one and winflash doesn't let me to install an outdated bios. I will do that, I mean I will run a benchmark in extreme tuning utility. Thanks you very much again, have a great day!

hexaae
Level 12
@MichaelNit13
Not sure if I understand it correctly...
Do not use the phone. Go to ASUS website, enter Support, laptop, choose repair argument, and start a real time chat. Ask them to assign to you a code to bypass phone call for the courier. You'll need to use it at the end of the online RMA module when you're asked to enter a special priority code in case you have one. Entering this code will skip the phone call confirmation part...

I don't think you need to activate your warranty. For the RMA you need just your proof of purchase (the invoice with payment) in PDF and in printed copy for the RMA physical modules
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Hey guys. Can you help out? My GL703GE gets to an average CPU temp of 95'C while just playing DoTA2 & CS:GO. This was not the case for its first few months but after the latest bios update, it significantly increased its temp while im playing. It throttles a lot since then and even shuts down if it gets too hot. I've already repasted & undervolted but it still exists. Maybe it is from the bios update? Please help.

jaspermoto wrote:
Hey guys. Can you help out? My GL703GE gets to an average CPU temp of 95'C while just playing DoTA2 & CS:GO. This was not the case for its first few months but after the latest bios update, it significantly increased its temp while im playing. It throttles a lot since then and even shuts down if it gets too hot. I've already repasted & undervolted but it still exists. Maybe it is from the bios update? Please help.

Here is a thousand pages of suggestions: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-O...
Try a cooling pad or vacuum cooler. I use a vac cooler, but I only game at home with external monitor so I don't have to open pc lid to use the screen. I also plug it into a power strip so I'm not using usb. I use one over the cpu vent the other I put in the center, just inside the gpu vent it pulls a lot of ancillary heat build up under the case.

Look at page 18, 21, and 23

This model will allow you to open the lid more than most but it is noisy and buzzy: https://www.amazon.com/Voilio-Dynamically-Real-time-Low-Noise-Adjustable/dp/B0753G5BC7/ref=sr_1_16?k...
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vacuum+cooler&dc&ref=a9_sc_1