cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build: Rampage VI Extreme Omega + VROC HYPER M.2 X16 CARD

Counteragent
Level 8
Hi Guys,

Putting together a new build which I want to begin very soon and have come across the Asus HYPER M.2 X16 CARD. I'll buy this and put in 4 x M.2 Drives and would like to run VROC.

I've read that you need to buy a VROC Key which plugs into the motherboard?

Where do we buy these from?

Thanks.
MB: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition
RAM: Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2800MHz
PSU: Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Modular
GFX: 3 x EVGA GTX Titan Black Superclocked 6GB
SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 Pro Series 512Gb SSD Raid 0
HDD: 2 x WD4003FZEX WD Black 4TB Raid 0
1234;
2 x WD1000DHTZ WD VelociRaptor 1TB Raid 0
MON: Dell Ultra Sharp 32 Ultra HD Monitor - UP3214Q
CASE: Silverstone Temjin TJ11 Black with Window Case
2 REPLIES 2

G75rog
Level 10
There are a few previous threads discussing VROC use and sources you can peruse.
Be aware you'll need 16 lanes to use 4 drives in the Hyper m.2 X16 card.

My goal is to run 2 GPU cards with SLI configuration Asus hyper board with x 4 NVME drives with Raid 0 and boot with Vrac at the beginning maybe later switch to raid 1 or 5.
*I'm was trying to build a similar system on Ws x299 Sage/10G board, unfortunately, this board will not support Asus Hyper board. So my next step required to change my motherboard.
I know that Rampage VI extreme will work and allowed PCIe slot bifurcation to x16 x4x4x4x4.

A) My question will be here it will support any PCIe slot or there are only dedicated PCIe slots? *
B) Rampage VI extreme Omega will be able to do the same bifurcation?

So far the facts are to help us at the beginning : Windows® 10 is the only OS supported by VROC on chipset X299.

1) You need ( I did not research for AMD) for Intel CPU need motherboard x299 with PCIe x8 bifurcation x4x4 for 2 drive and PCIe x16 bifurcation x4x4x4x4 for 4 drives

2) You need CPU with enough CPU lines recommended CPU Skylake-X Processors Core i7-7800X X-series 28 line Core i9-7900XX-series 44 lines, Intel® Core™ i9-9900X X-series 44 lines

3) Vroc key not required if you build only raid 0 for the other 1.5.10 you need Vroc key VROCISSDMOD available on Mouser.com US$229

4) Vroc will boot with only supported NVME drives and so far I see only Intel drives, people confirmed intel 600p will work 760p will not work, Intel only confirm that Intel 7600p work as this is a professional version drive p at the end stands for PCI, not Professional

5) Also required to be patient, it is not enough information on this subject and support from anywhere.

Some people claim that they run this configuration.
*I would like to see step by step this configuration from the Guru Guys with pictures or on YouTube if someone already run or know where to find this please show us *