cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG348Q RMA repair.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Recently I had to RMA my Asus PG348Q monitor due to a sudden formation of around 7 dead pixels. I was informed it would need to go to the service center in NZ by the Asus support phone line. The monitor was arranged to be picked up and delivered to the service center the following week. I inquired with the service center what the repair time would be and they said that they had to order parts into the country for the PG348Q because they didn't hold buffer stock for that model and that the repair could be up to two weeks.

Two weeks later the repair is complete and I received the monitor back on Friday 08th Feb. Now it looks like a good job has been made with the LCD panel replacement but unfortunately one of the first things I noticed once the monitor was powered back on is the back light bleed on this screen is very bad. This is disappointing because the original screen did not suffer in this aspect to that degree. Further, the back light bleed on the replacement panel is so bad that I do not find it acceptable. The back light bleed is actually bleeding into colors other than black in the games and videos I have tested.

So I decided to contact Asus again via my technical inbox to inform them of the issue and ask this time whether a replacement unit could be an option instead. The reply was that replacements should be sought with the retailer and they are happy to book the monitor in for repair.

It would be a total inconvenience to pack this 34" monitor up just 1 week after receiving it back from the service center to send it back to them again. The back light bleed levels could have been inspected by the repair agents during final testing but is wasn't. My biggest concern is that the NZ service center don't hold replacement screen stock for the PG348Q. I could send the monitor back to them and wait for two weeks for them to order another LCD screen that could also have poor back light bleed or another issue.

Given the circumstances of this RMA I cannot understand why Asus are not willing to offer a replacement unit out of convenience. Personally I feel a refurbished unit that has been thoroughly inspected (including acceptable back light bleed levels) might be the quicker way to resolving this issue. By reaching out here I hope that someone from Asus might understand where I am coming from and help to offer a more suitable resolution.

I have attached two pictures of the replacement panels back light bleed for reference.

78818 78819
11 REPLIES 11

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi Zeroed85
Good day , could you pm me your RMA No or serial number? I will pass to related department.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Hi Alvez@asus,

I have been in contact with the Asus NZ service center again. They've acknowledged the back light bleed and will be escalating the RMA to replacement. I will be returning the monitor again to the service center next week. I've asked that the replacement can be inspected for back light bleed levels. The new RMA number is NZTTK20217. Hopefully this can be resolved with the local service center.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Hi Asus,

I regret to have to have post here again. I have received the new PG348Q monitor but appear to be experiencing an issue with the screen colors and contrast or some other sort of issue with this particular monitor. No matter how I adjust the R G B levels, contrast and brightness settings I am experiencing something of a glare effect. White and gray colors appear blotchy, they strain my eyes and are causing double vision and bright flashes. I owned a PG348Q for more than 12 months prior to this and never experienced this issue. I cannot think what the problem is. Is it possible the anti-glare coating on this screen is not functioning properly? Could there be a back light or factory calibration issue? I would appreciate any assistance with this.

Zeroed85
Level 8
Hi Asus,

I regret to have to have post here again. I have received the new PG348Q monitor but appear to be experiencing an issue with the screen colors and contrast or some other sort of issue with this particular monitor. No matter how I adjust the R G B levels, contrast and brightness settings I am experiencing something of a glare effect. White and gray colors appear blotchy, they strain my eyes and are causing double vision and bright flashes. I owned a PG348Q for more than 12 months prior to this and never experienced this issue. I cannot think what the problem is. Is it possible the anti-glare coating on this screen is not functioning properly? Could there be a back light or factory calibration issue? I would appreciate any assistance with this.

1mluer
Level 11
Was that a white walker 🙂 hehe

I am happy to say my SWIFT PG348Q has been working perfectly for almost 3 years now 🙂 I am so lucky.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
Was that a white walker 🙂 hehe

I am happy to say my SWIFT PG348Q has been working perfectly for almost 3 years now 🙂 I am so lucky.

My first PG348Q worked flawlessly until I developed some dead pixels, have been in 3 month+ RMA process since then. White walker?

xeromist
*off topic discussion post(s) deleted*
*just a reminder that services inquiries is not a discussion area. Do not post in a thread unless you are the OP or a representative of ASUS, thanks*
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zeroed85
Level 8
Well I think the issue with the screen brightness, contrast, possible backlight issue is no longer an issue. I believe it was my eyes and that in the last week my eyes have adjusted.

I would love to say that this is all sorted but after loading up one of my favorite games Assassin Creed Odyssey over the weekend it appears that backlight bleed is a problem with this panel also. It is particularly excessive in the left hand corners of the screen. Again the bleed is so excessive that it bleeds not just into black screen but colors as well. Cut scenes that reduce the screen size and leave black bars on either side are highly distracting and ruining of the games immersion.

I have taken more pictures with camera exposure turned down and should be fairly accurate. The bleed on the left side of the screen in my opinion is too excessive and clearly there is a panel fitment issue there.

80140 80141 80142

Zeroed85
Level 8
I would really appreciate if somebody from Asus could respond/get in contact with me. After a three month RMA exchanging multiple units and all that is involved with that I am simply too embarrassed to pursue it further with the retailer or local service center. Thank you.