cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 0504 R6EO is out

Hopper64
Level 15
Who goes first? My machine is working fine with 0218. Hope the problems were ironed out on this one.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
16 REPLIES 16

Aysberg
Level 10
Will jump the gun tomorrow 🙂 Need to finish some work today.

Hopper64
Level 15
I guess I’m first. Seems to work fine. Message not to shutdown came up and was only there a few seconds. Booted into bios and setup everything. Seems ok so far.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
I guess I’m first. Seems to work fine. Message not to shutdown came up and was only there a few seconds. Booted into bios and setup everything. Seems ok so far.

Same here. So far, so good. Hopefully it overclocks better than 0218 as I was very unimpressed with my results.

RichKnecht wrote:
Same here. So far, so good. Hopefully it overclocks better than 0218 as I was very unimpressed with my results.

Bios updates hardly ever improve CPU overclocking and some actually make it worse, if you getting bad results its more or less your CPU isn't a good clocker.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Bios updates hardly ever improve CPU overclocking and some actually make it worse, if you getting bad results its more or less your CPU isn't a good clocker.

The CPU clocked just fine with my Strix board, so I would expect it to do the same with this board. And, in my experience, a bios update can indeed help/worsen OC results. I had to roll back the bios on my Strix board to keep temps in check with my OC. Each time I would update the bios, temps would rise 5-7C during load. I ended up using a bios which was a couple updates old.

RichKnecht wrote:
The CPU clocked just fine with my Strix board, so I would expect it to do the same with this board. And, in my experience, a bios update can indeed help/worsen OC results. I had to roll back the bios on my Strix board to keep temps in check with my OC. Each time I would update the bios, temps would rise 5-7C during load. I ended up using a bios which was a couple updates old.

This can sometimes be down to the microcode.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Aysberg
Level 10
0504 seems to do, what 0402 was supposed to 🙂 Everything is running smooth.

Flashed via BIOS option and after one reset I got "BIOS is updating. Do not shut down or reset..." for some seconds and after an automatic reboot and everything is normal and as expected.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Why was my comment removed?

travp624
Level 7
Already updated and everything running exactly the same as previous bios.