cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem crash memory 3200 can not find XMP

tex300
Level 7
Hi, we have a problem with an ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING MB
By installing one or two banks of GSKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR memories by setting their frequency from bios to 3200, the system crashes continuously.
There is no OC active, we can not find in the bios but XMP function as suggested by the technical support G-SKILL.

Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

panzlock
Level 12
It's an AMD platform so you're not looking for XMP but D.O.C.P.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
It's an AMD platform so you're not looking for XMP but D.O.C.P.

Gosh, thanks for that. I have been looking for too many hours for XMP. I have the same F4-3200C16D-GTZR in my ROG Crosshair Hero WiFi with a Ryzen 7-2700X and cannot get it to read correctly. I have only got about a dozen builds under my belt over a 25 year period, so I am still very new at this. Hoping to have a positive experience with this new build and getting back into it after about 10 years. Funny thing, I just biought Wolfenstein II yesterday. LMAO

tex300
Level 7
Thank you
I update you...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
At the top of the Extreme Tweaker tab you wil find AI Overclock Tuner...select DOCP profile there

But if you are using two kits of RAM you may run into problems
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
At the top of the Extreme Tweaker tab you wil find AI Overclock Tuner...select DOCP profile there

But if you are using two kits of RAM you may run into problems
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57038-Don%92t-combine-memory-kits!-The-meat-and-potatoes-o...

Can't post in that thread by that's some sweet cop-out by ASUS as the end of that thread. I agree with some of the stated things, but also my own experience does not speak to the kind of problems that Raja is listing in that thread. Counting all of the different combinations and permutations I have probably done >20 system builds with high-end components over the years and never once had an issue combining memory modules and getting them to work at the rated speeds. I do look for memory modules in batches that were close in production as the only technically "limiting" factor, but even that is hit and miss. To each their own I suppose. I don't fret on combining kits that use the same ICs, are the same part number, rater for the same performance and nothing so far indicates I should.

I will say this though - the only times that I had issues with what-appeard-to-be memory one of two things was the root cause. First was a faulty single memory stick, or second, faulty motherboard BIOS/UEFI. Latter is becoming more common in my experience.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
There is no cop out. All memory vendors say the same thing and the thousands of threads on this one forum alone are testament to the accuracy of the statements made in that thread.

We all know of cases where combined kits work...

Someone walked up to Eva Mendes and asked her out on a date...she said yes...doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else

Recommending combining kits to someone else...who is going to pay their hard earned cash for it...is a disservice if you base it on your own small sample size.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Someone walked up to Eva Mendes and asked her out on a date...she said yes...doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else

Eva Mendes with her compatibility tested RAM kit manufactured in Canada:

They seem to be walking at around 2666Mhz.

panzlock wrote:
Eva Mendes with her compatibility tested RAM kit manufactured in Canada:

They seem to be walking at around 2666Mhz.

Sorry, not supported by ASUS. Not a matched kit.

dejanh wrote:
Sorry, not supported by ASUS. Not a matched kit.

Support and compatibility testing are two different things.

Clearly they are a match. Check the left DIMM slot: