cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my old motherboard(Pegatron 2ACE) compatible with my newly puchased graphic card?

YamiReo
Level 7
My graphic card GTX580(HP stock) was broken out of sudden, so I had purchased a new graphic card GTX1060(Strix dc2o6g) and installed it into my PC. But when I start-up my PC it boot until the HP splash screen and stopped can't move any further to the BIOS. And there's a beep sound for around every 33+ seconds.

It seem to be the UEFI problem, while my motherboard was likely support Legacy only? Is there anyway to make it work?

I had used a large amount of money to purchased this HP PC around 7 years ago(2012) and had never upgraded anything inside. Also used up my budget to purchased the graphic card. I don't have any budget to buy a new PC again anymore.
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you looked for a BIOS update?

Have you cleared CMOS (or whatever reset options that MB has)

Contacting HP would seem the way to go...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03605561

BIOS was updated to latest 7.15

No, I haven't clear the CMOS yet. Don't know how to do it.

Had been contacting them they said if I'm out of warranty I have to make a payment for Care Pack, Best2Serve or whatever and then I will receive a quotation from HP.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe disconnect power from board and remove CMOS battery for a while...if you can't find a specific clear CMOS jumper, though there should be one somewhere..

Vlada011
Level 10
Big advice. Save money for some new platform, CPU-Mobo-RAM.
I forgot when I saw last time such motherboards.

People had problems with newer GPUs on 5-6 years old platforms.
Minimum for hard core gaming now is i5/16GB RAM, Z270/Z390/GTX1060.

I had tried to clear the CMOS. It still can't work.

I had always been saving and used it up on the new graphic card. I needed to use my PC now.