cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G751 4 TB Hard Drive?

Technomann2
Level 7
I just purchased a brand new ROG G751JL-WH71WX laptop, which I love. The 2nd hard drive bay is empty, and I want to install a 4 TD drive in there. Silly question, but Seagate makes a 4TB Barracuda ST4000LM024 2.5" SATA III laptop Hard Drive HDD 15mm, and I was wondering if this drive would fit in the 2nd bay? The only other option would be a Samsung 4TB SSD 860 EVO Solid State Drive 2.5" MZ-76E4T0B, which is over $600! Would either of these drives be accepted by the ROG G751 drive bay?

Thanks for any and all advice!
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
That HDD model is much fatter than a normal laptop HDD and will not fit most machines. If I was you I would measure the depth/clearance in the bay with a ruler. Typical drives are 7mm or 9.5mm while that one is 15mm so you'd have to have an unusual amount of clearance. And remember the screw holes are in a fixed location, so you'd need maybe 12mm above/below the screws depending which way the drive is oriented.

SSD will fit fine if you can swallow the price.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…