cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Thor 1200w fan off?

ReefKeeper
Level 7
Hi ROG Friends,

I am wondering about the fan on the Rog Thor 1200w. I have this in my system and today when I started it up I noticed that the fan was not on. I have 7 other fans in my case cooling things down and another 3 smaller fans on the GPU. I am wondering if this thing only turns on as needed? or is my Thor malfunctioning?

I did a quick google search but didn't see anyone else asking about the fan being off.

Thanks in advance for insight!

Best Regards,

-Steve
2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
What position is the 0 dB Fan button on the back of the power supply set to?

On = Power supply fan will cut on when it reaches a certain load or temperature (passive mode, apply power to fan when it reaches this load or temperature, but increase fan speed when load or temperature increases and decrease (turn off) accordingly).
Off = Power supply fan should be on all the time (active mode, forget 0 dB and apply power to fan now, but increase fan speed when load or temperature increases and decrease accordingly).

I don’t own the power supply, so I could be wrong.

pndiode wrote:
What position is the 0 dB Fan button on the back of the power supply set to?

On = Power supply fan will cut on when it reaches a certain load or temperature (passive mode, apply power to fan when it reaches this load or temperature, but increase fan speed when load or temperature increases and decrease (turn off) accordingly).
Off = Power supply fan should be on all the time (active mode, forget 0 dB and apply power to fan now, but increase fan speed when load or temperature increases and decrease accordingly).

I don’t own the power supply, so I could be wrong.

Thanks so much for educating me! I had no idea about the 0db switch, all would seem well then, I am going to keep it as is because there is plenty of ventilation in the case and airflow is ideal.

Thank you again!!