New ROGer Array

Disable M.2 Ports?

Hello,

I want to install other copies of Windows 10 on to separate SSD's for testing purposes, but in the past I have always had problems when doing so with other drives connected. Either the installation of the second version of Windows just fails altogether, or it breaks any original installs. I have in the past gotten around this by simply disabling the drive ports in the BIOS (I am a new ASUS motherboard owner, having been a long time Gigabyte user).

I cannot though find out how to disable the M.2 ports. I believe there are options to disable the SATA ports (though physically unplugging these is a simple task), but no options for M.2 disabling. This is particularly annoying as unlike unplugging the SATA drives, I do not have access to the M.2 ports easily as I have a small case that is hard to get into and I have to remove the heat spreader first and then put that back which is fiddly in a small space.

Either I have totally missed the option, the option is there but named something alien to me or the option does not exist. Having looked through all the options in the BIOS, I am leaning toward the latter option. Which would lead me to ask... is this something that ASUS would add in? It seems a bit weird that there is not a toggle for the M.2 ports.

I am using M.2_1 port as that has its own PCIe lanes.

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Anyone? Anything? Plz halp!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Hi,
    Bios Advanced and onboard devices should list all slots to enable or disable or really switch x8 mode to disable m.2.

Another one is advanced and PCH storage configuration disable hyper kit mode.

But for the most part disconnect all current installs then clean install and each install has it's own boot loader.
    I imagine secure boot off is in order too

New ROGer Array

Hello

So I tried looking in the BIOS again for the relevent options you suggested. Unfortunately they all pertain to the M.2_2 slot. Like there seems to be an actual disable option for that port, but not M.2_1... which is bonkers.

I tried a few different settings and none of them disable the port.

Surely this is an oversight?