cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Ryujin cpu cooler fit on Maximus XI Apex Board ?

1mluer
Level 11
I need to know because on my IX Apex, I had to turn the water block of my Kracken X62 sideways so it wouldn't hit the ram. I wanted to make sure there was room for a normal AIO Installation. Is this motherboard a little more friendly to AIO CPU coolers ?

Thinking about Ryujin or Ryou for my next cpu cooler. It has to fit correctly this time.

Thanks for any help you can give me here.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
It's going to be a similar situation because the memory is still on the right side for the board and the hoses exit the side of the cooler like your Kraken.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

On the Ryujin the tubes do exit on the right side as well, but the fittings bank 90 degree straight up away from the board so they do not interfere with the memory. But i think the X62 has the same swivel fittings. I am surprised they make contact with the memory. Is the distance between the CPU and Memory any different (closer) on the Apex versus the Hero or Formula XI??

mdzcpa wrote:
On the Ryujin the tubes do exit on the right side as well, but the fittings bank 90 degree straight up away from the board so they do not interfere with the memory. But i think the X62 has the same swivel fittings. I am surprised they make contact with the memory. Is the distance between the CPU and Memory any different (closer) on the Apex versus the Hero or Formula XI??

I would have to say yes on that question. My Apex ix when I tried to install the x62 cooler it literally made physical contact with the ram and in fact pushed it aside a little. There was absolutely no way to use the cooler correctly from an aesthetic stand point.. my NZXT logo sits sideways with the N on the bottom and T on the top. Looks funny but I can also turn that logo off if I wanted to. Now one thing I noticed on the Ryou and Ryujin is it looks like the tubes are recessed a little so they don't go past the size of the mounting brackets which should in theory fit this time.

I was just looking for some confirmation of this before I spend the cash. If I have to wait too long I am going to punt on this cooler and buy something else. Seems to be the 80% rule here. Everything does 80% of what it is marketed it can do. You always find something that doesn't add up it seems no matter how hard to plan to make it all work.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!