New ROGer Array

Problems with hdmi connection to LG wide monitor - not recognized

My TP300LD stopped connecting through HDMI port to my SONY Smart TV model KDL 32WD600 a while ago, but it still connects wirelessly to that same TV.
    I just found out it doesn't recognize my new HDMI LG monitor model 25UM58 although the monitor is ok, and a Lenovo Thinkpad connects fine to it.
    The Asus TP300LD connects through HDMI to an old LG TV, so the HDMI port seems to be ok.
    I've tried everything I could think of (updated drivers and BIOS, changed hdmi cables, etc), but nothing seems to solve this problem.
    Can anyone help me, please?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Hard to say. The problem with smart TVs is that they can receive updates which may change behavior. And presumably the newer monitor hasn't worked with the transformer at all.

It could be the laptop is trying to use an unsupported mode. I would try setting something fairly low resolution like 1280x720 before connecting to see if that makes a difference.

You may want to go into the Windows display settings and try to detect the display manually by clicking the button there.

It could be the displays are trying to HDCP handshake and failing but don't display a message. That may not be something you can fix. Each HDMI device has its own HDCP ID. If a display doesn't like the ID of a source device or vice versa they will fail to handshake and you may get nothing or a degraded resolution.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

newer monitor hasn't worked with the transformer

Thanks for your answer. Yes, you are right, the newer monitor hasn't worked with the transformer at all. I already tried several low resolutions (like 1280x720) before connecting and it didn't make any difference. I also tried to detect the display manually and no monitor is found. Since the transformer has no other port besides hdmi, I'm stuck, because I really need to connect to another display...

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

It sounds like you have tried everything I can think of. I suppose you could try some sort of active HDMI switch/adapter/receiver to see if having an intermediate device in the link would make a difference but unless you already have something it's probably not worth the investment.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

hdmi connection to LG wide monitor - not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    It sounds like you have tried everything I can think of. I suppose you could try some sort of active HDMI switch/adapter/receiver to see if having an intermediate device in the link would make a difference but unless you already have something it's probably not worth the investment.
    Good idea! Haven't tried that yet. I do have a switch, buts it's a passive one. I've been thinking about buying an active switch to connect both TV Box and PS, so I'll give it a try. Thanks!