cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ryujin 360 weird temp flux

Phroste
Level 9
Was able to snag one of the 360's before they went out of stock again. However, I'm noticing some weird temp fluctuations....and I'm seeing it on the motherboard LED as well so they match. One second it will read 27 degrees and the next cycle it's 39....then 28 then 43

Anyone else noticing this?
9 REPLIES 9

Johnnie
Level 10
Hi,

Same here... I waited for this cooler about 4 months. Before that i used Corsair H150i Pro. Idle was max 30C. But with Ryujon 360 i have 40+C when in idle 😞 But i dont found how to adjust pump speed. Fans and VRM fans can be adjusted by AI Suite 3.

Best regards,
Johnnie

Johnnie wrote:
Hi,

Same here... I waited for this cooler about 4 months. Before that i used Corsair H150i Pro. Idle was max 30C. But with Ryujon 360 i have 40+C when in idle 😞 But i dont found how to adjust pump speed. Fans and VRM fans can be adjusted by AI Suite 3.

Best regards,
Johnnie

You can set custom pump speed curve in Fan Expert in AI Suite 3. Depending on where you connected the pump (the mobo AIO or CPU header, there will a fan curve in Fan Expert for it.

Johnnie
Level 10
Hello Mdzcpa,

Its very interesting. I don`t use AI Suite 3, because of conflicts with Windows. But for AIO adjustment i installed it. All what i have in Fan Expert was:

CPU Fan - adjust 4 fans of my case. - Maybe here is problem, because i connect AIO connector to CPU header and 4 case fans via Dual Rail FAN Controller to CPU_OPT header. So BIOS and AI Suite recognize it as one CPU Fan.
Ryujin 360 Fan - adjust 3 fans on radiator
Ryujin 360 Fan 1 - adjust 1 VRM small fan on the top of CPU Block

Best regards,
Johnnie

Johnnie wrote:
Hello Mdzcpa,

Its very interesting. I don`t use AI Suite 3, because of conflicts with Windows. But for AIO adjustment i installed it. All what i have in Fan Expert was:

CPU Fan - adjust 4 fans of my case. - Maybe here is problem, because i connect AIO connector to CPU header and 4 case fans via Dual Rail FAN Controller to CPU_OPT header. So BIOS and AI Suite recognize it as one CPU Fan.
Ryujin 360 Fan - adjust 3 fans on radiator
Ryujin 360 Fan 1 - adjust 1 VRM small fan on the top of CPU Block

Best regards,
Johnnie

Your guess is correct. You need to connect the AIO*connector separately to the CPU fan header or the AIO motherboard header in order to have a separate fan curbs appear in the fan expert to control the pump. * If you connect to the AIO header it will show AIO pump *in fan expert. If you connected to the CPU fan header it will show *CPU fan and fan expert. I just connected mine to the CPU Header and change the name of the fan connector to ryujin pump in the fan expert software. * I suggest you run your case fans off of a case fan header.

1mluer
Level 11
Well with my Ryuo 240 it shows AIO pump and Ryuo Fans as 2 separate controllable items in fan expert. I would move the AIO pump connection to the AIO pump fan header instead of Opt_cpu. Also make sure your fans are connected to the AIO Pump fan cables.

I also had to get the very latest version of AI Suite to get it to register the AIO devices correctly. I went to my motherboard on the site > support > utilities > show all and there was the latest version of AI Suite and it works great.

I have a Ryujin 360 in the box but I haven't opened it yet for my latest build.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Johnnie
Level 10
Hello 1mluer,

There is different connection setup.
There is 4 connections:
1. Sata power
2. Y-spliter for 3 radiator fans
3. CPU Fan header connector
4. USB 2.0 header connector

And thats all. The problem of mine i hope, that CPU Fan header and CPU_OPT (connected via FAN controller my 4 case fans) header R6EO recognize as one fan curve. So, if i connect my 4 case fans via FAN controller to Chassie FAN header, then i can adjust PUMP speed via AI Suite 3 as CPU fan. Now PUMP speed adjusted same as my 4 case fans. I hope im right 😄 I will check it today 🙂 Or i something missed? Waiting for reply Mates 😄

Best regards,
Johnnie

Johnnie wrote:
Hello 1mluer,

There is different connection setup.
There is 4 connections:
1. Sata power
2. Y-spliter for 3 radiator fans
3. CPU Fan header connector
4. USB 2.0 header connector

And thats all. The problem of mine i hope, that CPU Fan header and CPU_OPT (connected via FAN controller my 4 case fans) header R6EO recognize as one fan curve. So, if i connect my 4 case fans via FAN controller to Chassie FAN header, then i can adjust PUMP speed via AI Suite 3 as CPU fan. Now PUMP speed adjusted same as my 4 case fans. I hope im right 😄 I will check it today 🙂 Or i something missed? Waiting for reply Mates 😄

Best regards,
Johnnie

*That is precisely the problem. You need to connect your case fans to a case fan header. Then you can control your case fans off of a separate fan curve in fan expert and have them react to CPU temperature or PCH temperature *by selecting either in the software.*

Johnnie
Level 10
Hello Mates,

Thank You for Your advises! I just did that, and now i can control all separately.

Best regards,
Johnnie

Gushy
Level 7
Hello,
i wonder if i did mistake with assembling my 240..
So i attach pumb cable to CPU_Fan, and radiator coolers attach only to sata cabble. Radiator fans are not attach to the mobo (asus rampage vi extreme)
I can see my radiator fans spinning. But i am not sure if pump cooler spin too. My CPU is 50C idle. Never drop below 42c.
My AI3 is set to TURBO all the time. 1800-2000 RPM.
With my stock punny cooler from my I7-7800X temp was 25-30C.