Level 7
So heres my specs :
i9 9900k
Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 (Wifi)
32 GB( 16x2) TridentZ RGB DDR4 4000mhz
Corsair 1500i psu
Corsair H115i pro cooler
EVGA 2080Ti FTW ultra

I got the above ram kit for a new system build. For 2 months now the system memory ran fine at 4000mhz with XMP. So I update the bios for this board the other day from 0602 to 0805. After this my system would no longer post with either the XMP 1 or XMP 2 in bios, just a black screen. The default speed of 2133 and default timings post and run just fine. I can even bump the dram frequency up to 3200mhz at stock timings and it posts and runs fine. However even if I dont use the XMP profile and just copy the XMP timings and enter manually still no posting at 4000mhz. I also did revert back to old 0602 bios, which XMP WAS working fine on and now the same issue with the older bios. NO posting with XMP. I also reseated the ram just to trouble shoot. No difference.
Cant think of anything else to try. I know there isnt really a performance bump from 3200 to 4000, but since it WAS working and I DO have it, id like to get the most out of it.
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

It sounds like the memory stability was conditional before you updated the UEFI. 4000MHz often requires manual tuning.

Try setting both Maximus Tweak Mode 1 and 2, as well as manually tuning the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages.

My CPU sample likes around 1.15V VCCSA and 1.1 VCCIO for 4000MHz, but some samples will need more. Try in the region of 1.2-1.35v.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

It sounds like the memory stability was conditional before you updated the UEFI. 4000MHz often requires manual tuning.

Try setting both Maximus Tweak Mode 1 and 2, as well as manually tuning the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages.

My CPU sample likes around 1.15V VCCSA and 1.1 VCCIO for 4000MHz, but some samples will need more. Try in the region of 1.2-1.35v.

Thanks , Ull try that and post back results.

TheOnlyDoor
Level 7
Well I found the Vccio, it was set to auto which is 1.312, much higher already than your 1.15 so I didnt touch it. Could not fi d anything labeled VCCSA though.

rjbarker
Level 11
System Agent is the voltage right under VCCIO....or above it..cant remeber ...