cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS always asking for time and date

terragady
Level 7
Hey, since some time everytime I enter BIOS it asks me for time and date, and the showed values are fine so I just have to click OK but it was not like this some time ago. Is it some kind of error? I did not notice anything other. All values are there, no errors etc. Just ignore it and press OK everytime?
5 REPLIES 5

xator
Level 8
terragady wrote:
Hey, since some time everytime I enter BIOS it asks me for time and date, and the showed values are fine so I just have to click OK but it was not like this some time ago. Is it some kind of error? I did not notice anything other. All values are there, no errors etc. Just ignore it and press OK everytime?

Change your CMOS battery for one new, it's a possible fix.

it didn't fix it. Also if that would be a problem I think the values would be default and BIOS will not keep settings?

Not always, if the machine is plugged in, there's likely power to the motherboard to keep some settings intact. It could be possible that the connections for the battery on the board are broken? Hard to say, usually losing the clock means CMOS battery (never had to change one myself).

terragady wrote:
it didn't fix it. Also if that would be a problem I think the values would be default and BIOS will not keep settings?

So did you change the battery with a new one or not?
When BIOS it asks you for time and date try changing the value by 1 -2 minutes save and reset.
Also try updating to latest bios if you have not already.

Yes I did change it for new one, the one I had in the drawer but newer used, to make sure I will buy a new one and replace. Actually in all my computers etc I never had to replace a battery on mobo. I run the newest uefi version, will try to change the time and save.