Storage #2Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB M.2
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Wraith Ripper
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Platinum 1300W ATX 2.4
    Keyboard Razer Deathstalker
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    OS Windows 10

VRM HS Fan Issue

Hi, after 15 Years of using a Mac I switch to a PC, very impressed of the performance, the rams are running at 3200 with 14cl stable, I overclocked it to 4.1 GHz very stable without any issues, *my only problem with board is that the VRM HS Fan runs like crazy, I did a lot of things but one of the fans is always spinning at full rpm while the other one goes silent, I managed it to connect with the fan expander and I can controll both fans, does anyone have the same problem, or my board broken or the bios, need some plz

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by WATASHIWA View Post
    Hi, after 15 Years of using a Mac I switch to a PC, very impressed of the performance, the rams are running at 3200 with 14cl stable, I overclocked it to 4.1 GHz very stable without any issues, *my only problem with board is that the VRM HS Fan runs like crazy, I did a lot of things but one of the fans is always spinning at full rpm while the other one goes silent, I managed it to connect with the fan expander and I can controll both fans, does anyone have the same problem, or my board broken or the bios, need some plz
    I am concerned about the loud VRM fan. I will not buy this board if this fan is too loud. I want to be able to turn it off or at the very least run it very quiet. Is this possible?

ROG Enthusiast Array

What about CPU temp readngs... my LCD and AI Suite shows 1 degree (ONE DEGREE) what is complete nonsense.

I completely don't know what are mine operation temperatures.

New ROGer Array

Zentith Extreme Alpha Can't Set CPU PCIe Link mode Gen 3

I'm having serious issues with these boards. I initially had the Zenith Extreme but after swapping out 2 boards because of this issue I ungraded to the Zenith Extreme Alpha. I'm on my second board. I have a samsung 970 pro NVMe m.2 drive. If I leave the CPU PCIe Link mode at Auto it runs on Gen 1 very slow. I need to set it to Gen 3 however when I do the board crashes or I boot into Black screen or I get odd Errror codes. Le last board kept throwing up an error code "Load VGA Bios". After all of these issue I have to reflash the BIOS to get back in. I have stripped down the PC so many times changed Everything, literally everything except the case.

My spec
    Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    Zenith Extreme Alpha
    Gskill Trident RGB 64GB
    AMD Threadripper 2950x
    Asus Rog GeForce 1080TI OC ( But also bought an Asus Rog GeForce RTX 2080TI OC because I thought that the 1080ti was dead due to these Load Vga Bios errors)

I have swapped out every component for new ones, I have done tests and benchmarks etc, I have attempted to work with Asus support, this has been going on since I built the PC in November, I've got nowhere.

Ok so the Load Bios issue has gone now because I swapped the previous ZEA out. On that board I was able to set gen 3, but when I am using the PC the screen will suddenly go off and the pc will reboot, however nothing will post to the screen. When I look at the post on the Motherboard LED display it says CODE B2 Load VGA BIOS. This started off happening 2 or 3 times in a day then it was any time a watched something on VLC or youtube and yet is was able to run Benchmarks such as Heaven and Superposition. I bought the 2080ti because I was getting no support from Asus and had updated drivers, reinstalled windows, reflashed the Bios Cleared Cmos stripped the PC down and reseated everything but to no avail.

I swapped out the motherboard the for another Zenith Extreme Alpha at this stage because it was just ridiculously unstable.

I now have another Zenith extreme alpha. The problem is that when I installed windows I had to go through the updates as my copy started on Windows 10 1703 when I got to the 1803 update the PC would fail.

It would boot into a black screen and so It wouldn't boot into safe mode system restore wouldn't work (I had created restore points as I went through the upgrade). So I kept trying this and getting nowhere so I downloaded the Win10 media creation tool and booted from that usb.

The install would stop at a certain point and I was getting a stop code bug-code ndis driver. I tried this a few times. I stripped the PC down and rebuilt it again and retried the installation again but saw the same error. I then Changed the GPU, I bought a 2080 ti, but again no difference.

Flashed the Bios again and left it at auto rather than gen 3. I installed the 1809 version of windows which I downloaded and everything was fine so I then set CPU PCIE Link to Gen 3 and started receiving different Error but it would not boot even into the BIOS. Thee errors I was getting are below;

Code 00 CPU error
    A2 CMOS Error
    A2 HDD
    92 Check NVRAM

Obviously I went through the process of checking everything again, taking off all HDDs and peripherals and reseating the boot drive and then booting. But still no BIOS.

So I re-flashed I set it to Gen 2 and gave up.

I am now at the exact same position I was in November with my original Zenith extreme which would set to Gen2 and be stable but would not even set to gen 3 without crashing the CODE 92 Check NVRAM. Obviously the SSD running at Gen 2 is running at about half the speed that it should be.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by The First View Post
    I'm having serious issues with these boards. I initially had the Zenith Extreme but after swapping out 2 boards because of this issue I ungraded to the Zenith Extreme Alpha. I'm on my second board. I have a samsung 970 pro NVMe m.2 drive. If I leave the CPU PCIe Link mode at Auto it runs on Gen 1 very slow. I need to set it to Gen 3 however when I do the board crashes or I boot into Black screen or I get odd Errror codes. Le last board kept throwing up an error code "Load VGA Bios". After all of these issue I have to reflash the BIOS to get back in. I have stripped down the PC so many times changed Everything, literally everything except the case.

My spec
    Zenith Extreme Alpha
    Gskill Trident RGB 64GB
    AMD Threadripper 2950x
    Asus Rog GeForce 1080TI OC ( But also bought an Asus Rog GeForce RTX 2080TI OC because I thought that the 1080ti was dead due to these Load Vga Bios errors)

I have swapped out every component for new ones, I have done tests and benchmarks etc, I have attempted to work with Asus support, this has been going on since I built the PC in November, I've got nowhere.

Ok so the Load Bios issue has gone now because I swapped the previous ZEA out. On that board I was able to set gen 3, but when I am using the PC the screen will suddenly go off and the pc will reboot, however nothing will post to the screen. When I look at the post on the Motherboard LED display it says CODE B2 Load VGA BIOS. This started off happening 2 or 3 times in a day then it was any time a watched something on VLC or youtube and yet is was able to run Benchmarks such as Heaven and Superposition. I bought the 2080ti because I was getting no support from Asus and had updated drivers, reinstalled windows, reflashed the Bios Cleared Cmos stripped the PC down and reseated everything but to no avail.

I swapped out the motherboard the for another Zenith Extreme Alpha at this stage because it was just ridiculously unstable.

I now have another Zenith extreme alpha. The problem is that when I installed windows I had to go through the updates as my copy started on Windows 10 1703 when I got to the 1803 update the PC would fail.

It would boot into a black screen and so It wouldn't boot into safe mode system restore wouldn't work (I had created restore points as I went through the upgrade). So I kept trying this and getting nowhere so I downloaded the Win10 media creation tool and booted from that usb.

The install would stop at a certain point and I was getting a stop code bug-code ndis driver. I tried this a few times. I stripped the PC down and rebuilt it again and retried the installation again but saw the same error. I then Changed the GPU, I bought a 2080 ti, but again no difference.

Flashed the Bios again and left it at auto rather than gen 3. I installed the 1809 version of windows which I downloaded and everything was fine so I then set CPU PCIE Link to Gen 3 and started receiving different Error but it would not boot even into the BIOS. Thee errors I was getting are below;

Code 00 CPU error
    A2 CMOS Error
    A2 HDD
    92 Check NVRAM

Obviously I went through the process of checking everything again, taking off all HDDs and peripherals and reseating the boot drive and then booting. But still no BIOS.

So I re-flashed I set it to Gen 2 and gave up.

I am now at the exact same position I was in November with my original Zenith extreme which would set to Gen2 and be stable but would not even set to gen 3 without crashing the CODE 92 Check NVRAM. Obviously the SSD running at Gen 2 is running at about half the speed that it should be.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
    Interesting. I have almost the same spec as you except for the graphics card.
    I'm able to set CPU PCIE and SB to Gen3 stable.

Zenith Extreme Alpha
    Gskill Trident RGB 64GB (3200mhz @ 2933)
    AMD Threadripper 2950x
    Asus RTX2070

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-29_21-09-11.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	80514

New ROGer Array

This is my benchmark of the 1TB 970 Pro drive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-29_21-16-04.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	80515

ROG Enthusiast Array

check your memory settings... i see crazy **** happening when memory timings are off on this board.
    Default DOCP are nonsense and they will never work. Start with safe values and OC.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyosm View Post
    I am concerned about the loud VRM fan. I will not buy this board if this fan is too loud. I want to be able to turn it off or at the very least run it very quiet. Is this possible?
    UEFI allows tweaking of profile, by default the fans stay off until VRM temperature goes over 60C.

Below are parameters you can set in UEFI and default settings.

Heatsink Fan Q-Fan Control [PWM Mode]
    Heatsink Fan Smoothing Up/Down Time [0 sec]
    Heatsink Fan Speed Low Limit [Ignore]
    Heatsink Fan Profile [Manual]
    Heatsink Fan Upper Temperature [100]
    Heatsink Fan Max. Duty Cycle (%) [60]
    Heatsink Fan Middle Temperature [80]
    Heatsink Fan Middle. Duty Cycle (%) [30]
    Heatsink Fan Lower Temperature [60]
    Heatsink Fan Min. Duty Cycle (%) [0]
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme - G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R7 2700X - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz C14 DC - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2