cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GM Bios v308 Update through Windows Update?

GeoBRB
Level 10
My Windows 10 x64 just updated my BIOS from 307 to 308.
In the official website, the latest version is 307.
How can I see the what's new in the new version 308 ?
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11

davemon50 wrote:
The saga continues....
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?108498-GL703GM-bios-update-in-windows-update&highlight=Win...

LOL. When I click to the link in the Windows Update, it show me the invalid address :rolleyes:
This is the official forum, and nobody answer and nobody know this issue.

BIOS version 308 for GL703GM is not listed in the offical website.
The question is: from where has been downloaded by the Windows 10 x64 ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

GeoBRB wrote:
This is the official forum, and nobody answer and nobody know this issue.

Official yes, but not an official support channel. It's the official customer discussion forum; so if no customer knows what's going on it's less likely to be solved here.

That said, are we sure this isn't Microsoft's numbering? If you boot into the BIOS what number is displayed there?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Official yes, but not an official support channel. It's the official customer discussion forum; so if no customer knows what's going on it's less likely to be solved here.

That said, are we sure this isn't Microsoft's numbering? If you boot into the BIOS what number is displayed there?

308 🙂 See the attached image.

hexaae
Level 12
Yep, total lack of infos from ASUS... that's bad. 308 also for GL703GS.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

xeromist
I wonder if Microsoft is getting mixed up with other GL703 models? GE, VD, VM are all at 308 or above now.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

BIOS v308 is already posted in the official website 🙂

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL704GM/GL703GMAS308.zip