cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot BIOS pswd for DESKTOPbuild w ROG STRIX x399 mb

jpg1969
Level 7
Hi, the video noted on prior post is no longer available so I can not use it.

MY PROBLEM: built a desktop w MB ROG STRIX x399 and I have forgotten the BIOS pswd- is there a simply soln to resetting it? I have seen that on this MB I can use jumper to clear the CMOS.

I like the solution noted on several posts and websites about changing the date in Windows and at Bios pswd window using ALT+R, but that does not work for me... am I doing something wrong, or is this manipulation for LAPTOPS only?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide, I hesitate clearing the CMOS because as I understand it, it will undo my drive set ups , etc
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
We are not a hacking forum here so we cannot help you bypass security measures. If resetting the CMOS does not work then you will need to contact ASUS support and see if there is anything they can/will do.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

dejanh
Level 8
jpg1969 wrote:
Hi, the video noted on prior post is no longer available so I can not use it.

MY PROBLEM: built a desktop w MB ROG STRIX x399 and I have forgotten the BIOS pswd- is there a simply soln to resetting it? I have seen that on this MB I can use jumper to clear the CMOS.

I like the solution noted on several posts and websites about changing the date in Windows and at Bios pswd window using ALT+R, but that does not work for me... am I doing something wrong, or is this manipulation for LAPTOPS only?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide, I hesitate clearing the CMOS because as I understand it, it will undo my drive set ups , etc

Remove the battery and reset CMOS. That's all that will be required. You will lose your settings no matter what (there is now way to get in and preserve your settings).