cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard/GPU leds and ErP ready.

Nomiis
Level 7
4 days ago I got my new rog strix 2060 card, and it's been working like a charm besides a few connection issues and drivers, but when I got the card I noticed that there are two power indicator leds that are ridicolously bright. My pc is in my bedroom and those two leds literally light the whole room up, and i'm very sensitive to light so i've been having trouble sleeping.

I googled a bit and found that if I turn ErP ready in the bios to S5, it should turn those lights off aswell as the motherboard leds when the system is shut down. And it does, but it's like a 50/50 chance of it actually working when I shut down my pc.

I don't want to keep rebooting my pc multiple times every night before bed to eventually make it work, that's both annoying and i'd assume it's bad for the hardware as well. I've also read that turning off the psu every day isn't the best idea either. So that's why I've come here. Any idea what could be wrong, and how to fix it so I can sleep again? ^^

Specs:
GPU: ROG Strix RTX 2060 OC
Motherboard: Asus z170-K
CPU: i7-6700k
PSU: If I remember correctly it's a 750w from EVGA. I'll update when I know the exact model.

The system is roughly 3 years old besides the GPU of course.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

jpmboy
Level 9
did you try using Aura and set it to disable LEDs in Off/Sleep? Also, bios shuld have a setting that has the same toggle for LEDs in the On and off/sleep states. disable the bios setting also.

jpmboy wrote:
did you try using Aura and set it to disable LEDs in Off/Sleep? Also, bios shuld have a setting that has the same toggle for LEDs in the On and off/sleep states. disable the bios setting also.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out tomorrow!
Also, do you know where to find said setting in the bios? 🙂