cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio stutter partially solved

bananana
Level 7
Hi everybody. I have audio stutter issue on my am4 system witch i had on my last am3 system but was solved with bios update
Specs: Asus prime b450m-a with latest bios
Ryzen 2600x
8gb rgb hyperx 2933
gtx 1060 6gb
240 gb SanDisk pro ssd
My issue is that i have random pops in audio for both onboard and usb headset like crackles or something. I can reproduce it 100% by for example streaming music from deezer and at the same doing repair of game (albion, or anny battlenet game). Other times its random.
I did few things to try and fix it.
Disabled fastboot in windows.
Disabled fastboot in bios.
Clear CMOS
Disabled onboard lan and audio.
Uninstalled nvidia driver
Disabled nvidia driver and enabled it after
Changed psu
Switched to different wall outlet
switched usb headset in every port with drivers and without them
turned xmp for ram on or off
disabled all cstates in bios and setting max performance in windows
but nothing has realy helped.

By accident i stumbeled on workaround. To get stutter free audio i disabled fast boot in bios and every time before i get in windows i just have to enter bios(dont need to change anythin) and hit save and exit. It works every time. I have no idea what does entering bios and rebooting trigger but it works.
If any of you have an idea how to fix it completely i would be grateful. thx
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
This is far out but do you have any USB devices plugged in? I get periodic stutters in apps which I think is because of USB mouse and USB KB.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
This is far out but do you have any USB devices plugged in? I get periodic stutters in apps which I think is because of USB mouse and USB KB.

Thx for reply.
I have razer naga and cooler master mech keyboard. Nothing else. Just now i tried all possible combinations of pluging them off and rebooting but still that method of scanning integrity of game and streaming audio will throw pops in sound(that is the only method im shure of it will stutter in games later on).
Whats strange to me is that i just have to enter bios before boot and save and exit and all will work just fine every time. this is driving me nuts.

one thing i noticed is that it doesnt happen from cold boot. like if i turn off psu and leave it 30 sec then turn on its fine regardles of me enterinf bios or not

davemon50
Level 11
To me, based on what you've tried and the fact that restarting fixes the issue, I would suspect a software conflict. Something that is loading or a service that is initiated would be my suspicion. Troubleshooting software conflicts can be very time consuming but might be where you need to go next. You can try the major things first, like startup programs, and move on to other items you start while you are working.
Davemon50

We misunderstood eachother. It happenes on regular pc restart. It doesnt happen if i plug out my pc from power and leave it like that for few minutes.

Hi,

Can you try this :

- Interrupt Delivery Mode : Full MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) with MSI Utility : https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases/latest
- Fast Startup (Windows) : Disabled (by disabling Hibernation in cmd as administrator : powercfg.exe /hibernate off)
- Fast Boot (BIOS) : Enabled
- CSM (BIOS) : Disabled (Full UEFI)
- Secure Boot (BIOS) : Windows UEFI Mode

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Can you try this :

- Interrupt Delivery Mode : Full MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) with MSI Utility : https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases/latest
- Fast Startup (Windows) : Disabled (by disabling Hibernation in cmd as administrator : powercfg.exe /hibernate off)
- Fast Boot (BIOS) : Enabled
- CSM (BIOS) : Disabled (Full UEFI)
- Secure Boot (BIOS) : Windows UEFI Mode

Thx for suggestion. All of those things are done except full MSI. Tried deleting safe boot key witch installed by default and tried with it installed safe booting. Before i trie Full MSI i have 2 more things to do. Tracked performance of my pc during stutter triger(with windows recording tool) and it seems windows defender process whas spiking at the same time first pop happens. For now i installed avast witch reduced poping amount by alot. I mean i can disable defender by itself but i prefer to have some kind of protection. Il trie for few days to confirm. Iv got another suspect witch is my ssd. My buddy has one laying around and il trie to install windows on it and see what happens. Thats the only part of pc that wasnt changed. As i said same thing happened on my old am3 system witch had same ssd and was fixed with bios update so i doubt my usb headset is at fault. At that time i blamed windows creator update cause before that it worked fine but i cant exactly remember at witch point i got this ssd. Sorry for confusing post. English is definitely not my primary language.