Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    Thats because he didn't use a copper IHS and had a gap because of his delid that has nothing at all to do with the monoblock mate.



    4.7Ghz is pretty good make sure you stress test your CPU with realbench for 8 hours after your happy with your voltage, if 8 hour passes bump your voltage up by .001 to be sure stability is 100%.
    LOD, Yup, went back down to 4.6 and quietness. Yes, I will stress test but being that I had this CPU in my X299-XE, I am comfortable with the settings until I learn more. Moving the clock rates higher slowly raises the temperatures and the PC slowly raises all of the fans for more noise - even at idle. Thank you!

  2. #22
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Abaidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    Thats because he didn't use a copper IHS and had a gap because of his delid that has nothing at all to do with the monoblock mate.



    4.7Ghz is pretty good make sure you stress test your CPU with realbench for 8 hours after your happy with your voltage, if 8 hour passes bump your voltage up by .001 to be sure stability is 100%.

    I am going to test the Monoblock vs the Velocity real soon on an undelidded 7940X, maybe this weekend, before I go Direct Die since even a rep from EK has admitted that monoblocks are not better than dedicated blocks. I am just curious and all reports point to the monoblock being simply worse vs dedicated block no matter what...

    Anyway, I will run some tests my self....I don't have a copper IHS and honestly if direct die cooling with the der8auer die frame is not going to work for me I will use the stock IHS and be done with it....I am not spending a single extra penny "to save" the monoblock.....either way it's going to the wall!!
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

  3. #23
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Delidding is a huge event that is very time consuming. Give yourself a lot of time to check contact patterns. It also depends on what you're looking for as I was looking for "quiet and cooler".

    Mono-Velocity tests with a undelidded CPU will give you a great base line for the future. I would do the Velocity first, then the monoblock. Take your time, enjoy the process and good luck this weekend!

  4. #24
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    Oops, saw that you already have the monoblock on...

  5. #25
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear
    LiveOrDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    41
    Posts
    1,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
    I am going to test the Monoblock vs the Velocity real soon on an undelidded 7940X, maybe this weekend, before I go Direct Die since even a rep from EK has admitted that monoblocks are not better than dedicated blocks. I am just curious and all reports point to the monoblock being simply worse vs dedicated block no matter what...

    Anyway, I will run some tests my self....I don't have a copper IHS and honestly if direct die cooling with the der8auer die frame is not going to work for me I will use the stock IHS and be done with it....I am not spending a single extra penny "to save" the monoblock.....either way it's going to the wall!!
    EK did say there not any better but they didn't say there any worse ether, they said the VRM cooling isn't really important, let us know how your testing goes but for me both the mono and evo are on par with each other.

  6. #26
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGman2 View Post
    Staying at 4.9 all cores. XMP 3200, AVX 4,6 everything else on auto.
    Voltages at 4.8 was 1.3, 1.35 at 4.9. AIDA 64 FPU test drew 544W

    Cinebench was 2395, still 4.7 saw 2503. 4.7 seemed to be the sweet spot. 5.0 did not work with Cinebench.

    CPUID HW PRO max Temps at 4.9:
    PKG:93
    0:90
    1:89
    2:88
    3:95
    4:83
    5:89
    6:89
    7:90
    8:90
    9:89

    CPU-7900x delidded, naked with Iceman, LM, Velocity 2066 jet plate vertical (will try horizontal later), single 64/420mm radiator with six ML140 push pull, Thermaltake silent d5 pump on 75%. 21 degree ambient.

    Omega VRM fans are always spinning but not heard. At + 4.7 and 45 degrees idle they were just spinning with no noise (had to use a flashlight to see if they were spinning). They progressively started to get louder with the ML140s as they got louder too. I could not differentiate the VRM fan noise from the ML140. All fans never got loud to me. Still very quiet to me. I did notice that my Windows setting for CPU was set to 100% as the minimum speed to I set it to 5% minimum and now when I don’t use the CPU, CPU speeds go down to 1.1(idle) from the 4.9 at load.
    I apologize to keep posting and will be quiet for now. Thank you!
    4.7 seems to be the sweet spot for my delidded 7900x also. I am running all cores at 1.242 and it scores ~2631 in Cinebench. Tried an all core OC to 4.8, but Cinebench scores actually dropped quite a bit and I couldn't get them to go up. Tried raising VCore, vccin but nothing made a difference.

  7. #27
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    RK, What is your next step? I have a graveyard full of x299 stuff that can build another system - but what processor? I'm leaning toward a used or cheaper (new) 7980xe in the Omega delidded and the 7900x in the X299-XE with copper and monoblock just because I like the looks.

    I'm also waiting for the new Intel H15 m.2 to try in VROC on the Omega MB (three)...

  8. #28
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Abaidor PC Specs
    Abaidor PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processori9-7940X
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR | Trident Z RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080Ti OC
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2WD 10TB Gold
    CPU CoolerEK Rampage VI Monoblock
    CaseC0smos 2 Modded
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Abaidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    EK did say there not any better but they didn't say there any worse ether, they said the VRM cooling isn't really important, let us know how your testing goes but for me both the mono and evo are on par with each other.
    There was a rep here that stated "Monoblocks are more for looks....it has always been like that.."

    Something like that but that is not the issue here....the main problem was the reduced height of the IHS with delidded CPUs and the monoblock. Since I already have the VRM Block + Velocity + Direct Die frame I am not going to buy the copper IHS (with its associated LM hassle in application = 2 step process). At least not yet, LOL!

    I'll see how it goes an report back.
    Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

  9. #29
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    31

    At least you're LOL about it! As I was checking the contact pattern with thermal paste (toothpick dots) on the die and CPU block before LM, it did not occur to me until after that the CPU block could also be turned 90 degrees at a time to provide the best contact with the die..

  10. #30
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear
    LiveOrDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    41
    Posts
    1,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
    There was a rep here that stated "Monoblocks are more for looks....it has always been like that.."

    Something like that but that is not the issue here....the main problem was the reduced height of the IHS with delidded CPUs and the monoblock. Since I already have the VRM Block + Velocity + Direct Die frame I am not going to buy the copper IHS (with its associated LM hassle in application = 2 step process). At least not yet, LOL!

    I'll see how it goes an report back.

    Jake only said that about the VRM part of the block rather than the whole thing, I know because I was the one asking the questions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •