Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cory29 View Post
    it could also be bad timming on the ram if your using pre-set profiles -- on almost all ram if I set the xmp/docp then drop the speed to 2933 ** I hit the first stable speed then I try to tweek up from there - this also depends on how many channels you use, the more you use the slower your ram usually has to be
    I did not enable any xmp/docp profiles since the pc was unstable, as such the memory running at 2133 at the moment.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Cory29 PC Specs
    Cory29 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith extreme x399
    Processor1950x
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZ - 64gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980 Ti WF
    Monitorcintiq 22hd touch
    Storage #1Sam SSD 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU Coolerxspc block - D5 - 3x120 slim rad
    CaseView 71 (doesn't fit board)
    Power SupplyEVGA supernova 1000G3
    Keyboard K95

at this point I would swap the powersupply (with a hopefully older build you have in your house)
    its very unlikely your shorting to the case since the board is basically covered in a front plate and back plate
    after that you have to start questioning to rma the board
    ** I would also uninstall any software from asus including AI suit and just set things up in uefi

with my ZA I think I have had 6-8 RMA's pretty sure 90% of them were just bad uefi errors that me and support couldn't identify as being hardware or software either way it was on asus to correct it.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    It's using ASUS WMI. I checked on my ZEA board.
    Nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by areese159 View Post
    Wanted to post an update, got the build out of the case and realized I didn't have enough spare soft tubing to re-plumb the loop so it had to go back in the case while I ordered some more off of amazon. Taking the system out, putting it back in and verifying all the connections were correct has not fixed the issue. I have also experienced the hard shutdowns outside of the PC being idle now. This happened to me yesterday and now today, once while gaming and the other time while coding. Both times I noticed that fan expert stopped responding and fans were stuck at their base speeds and with a couple of minutes the PC hard shutdown. This was not due to temps as I was looking at the temperature on LiveDash and they were at 42 C. Does this still sound in line with a grounding issue, or fan expert just some outlier?
    I would try removing Fan Expert, LiveDash and any other things like Aura, Ai Suite. Anything related to RGB control via OS, allowing changes to say fan profiles, able to show monitoring data from board, etc in OS. Even if it is not SW for ASUS, but even Corsair, etc.

As stated in previous post the ASUS WMI fix works on SIO by having it in UEFI and SW using the method to access SIO. Some boards/setups seem to be more susceptible to issues, others less.

I would try above diagnostic process just to rule it out.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I would try removing Fan Expert, LiveDash and any other things like Aura, Ai Suite. Anything related to RGB control via OS, allowing changes to say fan profiles, able to show monitoring data from board, etc in OS. Even if it is not SW for ASUS, but even Corsair, etc.
    I removed all software that accesses the motherboard, including the rgb software, ill let you know if it helps.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cory29 View Post
    at this point I would swap the powersupply (with a hopefully older build you have in your house)
    The power supply is from an old build since it had plenty of headroom and wasn't that old. it never showed any issues in the old build so I wouldn't think that it would start now.

ROG Member Array

I wanted to come back and do one last post in the thread. Removing all the Asus software that accesses the motherboard has caused the issue to go away. I haven't had a restart since the 25th of February. Thanks again to everyone who helped, I would never have expected this to be the issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello,

I have to confirm that. It happens to me as well. It looks like issue is related to AI Suite 3 and how it controlls/interpret the CPU/VRM readings. Not sure if that is also related but i got it on the watercooling setup but not on the testing bench Kraken X62 setup i was testing with initially.

It seems there are some serious issues with with readings from temperature sesors/ headers etc in regards to RPM, CPU temp and FLOW.

It looks like it was calibrated by some drunk people.

At this stage i cannot advise anyone to buy this mobo.

ROG Enthusiast Array

. This was not due to temps as I was looking at the temperature on LiveDash and they were at 42 C. Does this still sound in line with a grounding issue, or fan expert just some outlier?
    What are your temp reads on idle ? I was able to get 1 degree on watercooling which is complete nonsese...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array FalloutBoy PC Specs
    FalloutBoy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G751JY-T7042H
    MotherboardROG Zenith Extreme Alpha
    ProcessorAMD 2950X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW64GX4M4C3200C16W
    Graphics Card #1Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Extreme 11Gb
    Sound CardInbuilt
    MonitorViewsonic XG-2703-GS
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 1 Tb
    Storage #2Raid 6 Array 8 x 4 Tb SAS III on a 9361-8i
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S TR4 Edition with two AF15s
    CaseXigmatek Elysium Super Tower
    Power SupplySilverstone Strider ST-1500
    Keyboard Hyper X Alloy Elite RGB
    Mouse Razor Chroma Deathadder
    Headset Hyper X Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Playmax
    Headset/Speakers Creative Labs 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 1903
    Network RouterFritzbox 7490

BIOS version

Hi if you went to BIOS 1901 revert to original and see if the same problems occur - they vanished for me and I had exactly the same hard shutdown issue.

Additional ** Tracked problem to the DIP5 software, I'm running on 1901 now with DIP5 removed and have not had a hard shutdown in over a week.
    Last edited by FalloutBoy; 08-02-2019 at 01:08 AM.
    I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
    Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
    Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
    Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

New ROGer Array NordLicht PC Specs
    NordLicht PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha Rev 1.0
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970 WX
    Memory (part number)64GB Corsair 4 Pack
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RTX 2080 8G Waterforced
    Sound CardBoard
    MonitorSamsung C49HG9x 3840x1080
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD Pro 970
    Storage #2Samsung NVMe SSD Evo Plus 970
    CPU CoolerRyuijn 360 Aio
    CaseROG Helios
    Power SupplyAsus Thor 1200P
    Keyboard Sharkoon PureWriter RGB
    Mouse DECUS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Corsair Void Pro
    Mouse Pad Roccat SOTA
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Windows 10

Lightbulb Once I have the shutdown experience

I am having issues with my new zenith extreme alpha where the computer will hard shutdown unexpectedly.
    Only one time I have seen that behavior.
    I have changed the fan speeds a lot with cut off one fan which is feed fresh air over the RAMs and voltage regulator area.
    Due to some wrong configuration the fan stops a long time, so suddenly the board switches off. It wasn't able to restart again in that moment. After a while of cooling down. All it's normal again.

So, one possible reason is the temperature of the board.
    Could it be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast