cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metro Exodus (No Spoilers)

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Finally got some time to play this...

I was really concerned my old GTX Titan X was going to struggle with all the "Metro Exodus is the new Crysis" GPU killer stuff about

No problem...I'm running around 60FPS 1440p Ultra and it looks great. Maybe I'm missing out on RTX but something tells me I'm not missing much.
Modest OC on the GPU..+131 Core.

Only just started but the game is great...palms sweating already on just the intro sequence...great atmosphere! Looks great..and runs great.
Amazing what a bit of story telling can do for a game!

The bad...the controls keep getting taken away from me...I'm pressing keys as cut-scenes take over...game playing the game for me...minor irritation
And I'm either a complete ignoramus or struck dumb...everyone else is talking and I never say diddley squat!

No spoilers please...I'm still playing:o
7 REPLIES 7

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Completed this earlier in the week. Some of the environments look incredible. As for RTX, yes, it does look better than the conventional Global Illumination, especially in some of the interiors - but it doesn't take away from the experience not having DRX features. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Completed this earlier in the week. Some of the environments look incredible. As for RTX, yes, it does look better than the conventional Global Illumination, especially in some of the interiors - but it doesn't take away from the experience not having DRX features. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

OK, sweet..that's actually good to hear...want the new tech to get off and running good...have to get some time on a system with one of the new GPUs...

For now...quick lunch and back to Moscow...

Retired
Not applicable
The Metro franchise is awesome. I'll be buying this game in time because it's quite expensive here in Poland. It's good to hear that it'll run great on a GTX 🙂

Rob_W_
Level 12
Been hovering over the buy now button for a few weeks, all I am seeing is good reviews which is *pushing me toward getting it.
Too many bots in bfv.*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Awww...that was over too soon....excellent atmospheric game

That is the second DX12 game that has been a stunner performance wise. Rise of the Tomb raider was the first I played to be so smooth and stable, Metro Exodus was the same...not a flicker not a stutter not a crash....nice to see a non beta release for a change...

If that's the post apocalypse...bring it on I say...way more fun than a Monday morning

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Awww...that was over too soon....excellent atmospheric game

That is the second DX12 game that has been a stunner performance wise. Rise of the Tomb raider was the first I played to be so smooth and stable, Metro Exodus was the same...not a flicker not a stutter not a crash....nice to see a non beta release for a change...

If that's the post apocalypse...bring it on I say...way more fun than a Monday morning

Glad you didn't have any issues in DX12. I didn't have any issues, either. Had a few hiccups with RTX artifacts that were patched early on. A lot of users report the game crashing or even hanging their system, but we know where most of those issues arise from...Exodus is very taxing.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Having played it now...I can see that it would lend itself very well to RTX.

I just realised, the latest Wolfenstein was DX12 too and that ran flawlessly for me too...

I will have to fire up Sniper Elite V4 and check that out...I think I like DX12