Nvidia Driver 419.17

toronto699
Level 13
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

davemon50
Level 11
I'm curious as to why counters are considered a security vulnerability, according to the link. Seems like it would be considered more of an equipment safety thing to me.
Davemon50

toronto699
Level 13
davemon50 here is the Answer Why Counters Are Considered A Security Vulnerability ,
update addresses issues that may lead to denial of service, escalation of privileges, code execution, or information disclosure.

Nate152
What's up guys !

I been gone a little while but I'm back, so what do you say we do some driver testing.

The last driver I tested was 416.64

Keep up the good work Nvidia, if anyone cares to test with a Turing gpu, feel free to post your results.

Nate152 wrote:
What's up guys !

I been gone a little while but I'm back, so what do you say we do some driver testing.

Welcome home Nate.

Looks like Superposition is still on the older version? With DX12 out how can we get a benchmark that uses multi-GPU in lieu of DX11 Crossfire/SLI? I didn't see any option on their website, does Unigine allow for it?
Davemon50

toronto699
Level 13
Welcome Back Nate ,

Nate152
Thanks toronto699 and davemon50 !

Unigine Valley supports SLI as well as 3DMark 11's firestrike, there may be others that support SLI but these benchmarks are free. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Thanks toronto699 and davemon50 !

Unigine Valley supports SLI as well as 3DMark 11's firestrike, there may be others that support SLI but these benchmarks are free. 🙂

Yeah I have some benchmarks with Superposition on Xfire. With DX12 though you get new options with displays when using multiple cards, For example I can run both DX11 Crossfire or DX12 Multi-GPU on Civ VI and get different performance. Since it applies so much to gaming it would be nice to have a standardized benchmark to see the difference. Not sure if it's really feasible though with the way multi-gpu is implemented.
Davemon50

Nate152
Timespy is a directx 12 benchmark and supports sli/xfire.

Directx 12 has been out for a while and you would think performance would be better, but most games seem to give better performance in directx 11.