cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I discconect the battery cable from the laptop’s motherboard ROG 702vm

trophybuck135
Level 7
I am trying to replace my battery and the cable won't separate from the motherboard. I can't figure out how to unlock it if there is a lock. Maybe I am not using enough force? See picture. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

UltraNEO_
Level 11
trophybuck135 wrote:
I am trying to replace my battery and the cable won't separate from the motherboard. I can't figure out how to unlock it if there is a lock. Maybe I am not using enough force? See picture. Thanks

After some intensive googling I came across this image but I'm not entirely sure is it correct... What, I can tell you the battery is a round black flat package with a short red and black twisted wire. IF this is a true representation of your own laptop, then the battery is on the top, between the left USB port and the M.2 slot. The wires for the battery is red & black.. and the cable should detach from the motherboard with a gentle tug.

Hope this helps.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

Thank you for the reply, I am referring to the middle cable with the 3 red, 1 white, 1 yellow, and 3 black wires coming out of the black battery.

Should I just tug that one too?

trophybuck135 wrote:
Thank you for the reply, I am referring to the middle cable with the 3 red, 1 white, 1 yellow, and 3 black wires coming out of the black battery.

Should I just tug that one too?

That one looks like the main battery.. I WOULD disconnect every battery source BEFORE attempting any upgrades.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

yep that is correct, my question is referring to the main battery. I am trying to replace the battery and I can't get the old one out because of that cable, it does not want to come apart from the motherboard. I think I read some of these cables have locks that I have to release, maybe by pinching the sides -- but that's not working here and it doesn't want to come off by just tugging.

I don't want to pull too hard and ruin the motherboard so I am hoping someone can tell by looking at it, if it has a lock or if I am save to just pull as hard as it takes.

trophybuck135 wrote:
yep that is correct, my question is referring to the main battery. I am trying to replace the battery and I can't get the old one out because of that cable, it does not want to come apart from the motherboard. I think I read some of these cables have locks that I have to release, maybe by pinching the sides -- but that's not working here and it doesn't want to come off by just tugging.

I don't want to pull too hard and ruin the motherboard so I am hoping someone can tell by looking at it, if it has a lock or if I am save to just pull as hard as it takes.

Looking at your photo, I would try to pull on battery in-flow with the wires, back towards the battery. If that makes sense? At the same time, I would use my nails to play with the metal part. First I would try pushing it down, see does it unlatch something.. IF that doesn't work.. Gently pull it up. It looks like there's some mechanism.

Would you mind posting a close up of the connect's side view?

trophybuck135
Level 7
I went with the pull as hard as it takes and at a 30* angle it came with a lot of force. Now I can't get it to turn back on. I don't think I connected the battery back correctly. I just pushed the connector flat down. It comes out very easily now unlike before when it required a ton of effort.

Do you know how to put it back in correctly?

More pics...