BIOS 1701 is out...

ROG ZENITH EXTREME BIOS 1701
Update AGESA 1.1.0.2
Update ASUS user profile module

Not tested it myself yet...

EDIT:

OK tested...all running smoothly...

Has ASUS WMI...
There was a back alley 1601 that had it (Thanks Elmor) but this is official...

Will test RAM clocking later...have gaming to do first:o
7 REPLIES 7

JoeCos
Level 7
NICE! I'm going to update mine next week. I will wait for the dust to settle, then make the jump. (from 1601)

If you could update this thread with your further findings and further testing, that would be Fantastic.

Thank You in Advance!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No probs..will do

So...

As a daily driver it's great...same as 1601...accounting for the variation in AIDA runs...makes it identical for my daily driver 3200

It's also passed half an hour of Karhu RAMTest while I was having lunch and run Metro Exodus all afternoon:o

Cory29
Level 7
elmors 1601 has been great .. hope this is just as good

hey,

i had big problems with the new 1701 and bluetooth. i could not find any bluetooth stuff after upgrading. specially i could not connect to my surface ergonomic keyboard anymore. not so much fun without a keyboard on a pc...

regards,
myla

Hello,

I have had multiple problems after update to 1701, starting by problem with HDD Post Error code 92. Also, when I have installed it it is not possible to use any of VGA adapters as primary as the one in first PCIe slot is always used. Additionally, when I was able to go over code 92 and I finally booted Linux (debian testing) I experienced ultra slow virtuali machines (Win 10 on KVM-Quemu) with VGA passed through. I didn't have time to do additional tests as I needed to use the computer
so I reverted back to 1601. What is strange is that even after reverting BIOS back the VGA is not selected based on "active cable detection". VGA in first slot is always used.

I didn't test 1701 for fTPM but it does not work for me in 1601 (linux). It is definitely BIOS or AGESA problem as I have seen similar problems on another Asus board with Intel Skylake CPU (i would say it was H110 board) and the problem was solved by updating the BIOS. It was professional application so we got direct support from Asus that days.

Retired
Not applicable
I don't think I'll be updating just yet to 1701. I just installed 1601 about a month or so ago and it's working fantastically. Enabling D.O.C.P and not interfering with the base clock or changing the multiplier, is an awesome thing to me 🙂 I'm not getting any error's or stuttering's. Anyone else here with an AMD 1950X and random access memory tactical speed 3000Mhz? 128GB configured perhaps? 🙂