cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS numbering scheme

sgmfish
Level 7
I am a fairly knowledgeable computer user, but I am definitely NOT of the overclocker or gamer level, so perhaps I'm just confused by the lingo you guys use. Here's my "silly" question:

I have a Prime X470-Pro mobo. Is that the same as label "Crosshair VII" used in this forum? Also, and more important, I am having problems booting the mobo, so I've updated the BIOS. On the ASUS webiste I find the lastest BIOS is v4207; and yet everyone on this forum is using numbers such as v1300 for the latest BIOS. What am I missed here??
5 REPLIES 5

gorpo
Level 7
sgmfish wrote:
I have a Prime X470-Pro mobo. Is that the same as label "Crosshair VII" used in this forum?

No.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Never a "silly" question sgmfish :).

The Prime X470-Pro mobo is a completely different motherboard to the Crosshair VII Hero. IMO Crosshair VII Hero is a better board for Overclocking. Prime X470-Pro does not have a Qcode led for troubleshooting and no Flashback on the rear IO panel for Bios updates.
Bios 4207 is correct for X470-PRO and 1300 would be referring to the CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 1300 CPU.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Got it.....thanks.

I was looking around for a user forum that addressed ASUS Prime X470 issues; I saw that this forum did ASUS and X470, so I thought this was it. I am not familiar with all the ASUS mobos, so I just thought that "Crosshair" was some sort of code name early adopters were using.

sgmfish wrote:
Got it.....thanks.

I was looking around for a user forum that addressed ASUS Prime X470 issues; I saw that this forum did ASUS and X470, so I thought this was it. I am not familiar with all the ASUS mobos, so I just thought that "Crosshair" was some sort of code name early adopters were using.

To help understand the MB naming convention, please review this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100962-Motherboard-Name-labeling 😛
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

please review this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Name-labeling

Very helpful.....thanks