cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build advice.

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi, my Titan xp cards just died due to a water leak and i didn't put attention on the cards. Need a good 2080 ti card, do you guys know ROG-MATRIX-RTX2080TI-P11G-GAMING card, when it is available or where to buy or order? If not what is the best 2080 ti card in the market? I am out of touch these days. My monitor is Asus rog swift curved pg348q, 3440X 1440. Do you guys think a one 2080ti card can handle this or do I have to go SLI? Thank you.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...
10 REPLIES 10

rog-classified
Level 9
rog-classified wrote:
Hi, my Titan xp cards just died due to a water leak and i didn't put attention on the cards. Need a good 2080 ti card, do you guys know ROG-MATRIX-RTX2080TI-P11G-GAMING card, when it is available or where to buy or order? If not what is the best 2080 ti card in the market? I am out of touch these days. My monitor is Asus rog swift curved pg348q, 3440X 1440. Do you guys think a one 2080ti card can handle this or do I have to go SLI? Thank you.

one card dead and other is giving error cord 43.

Menthol
Level 14
If you are going to water cool, make sure there are blocks available specifically for the card if you purchase a manufacturer custom card, if purchasing a card based on Nvidia's card a block should be easier to find. If not water cooling a custom card like the one you mentioned or similar will work fine and a single card will more then handle the resolution of your monitor or even 4K

Menthol wrote:
If you are going to water cool, make sure there are blocks available specifically for the card if you purchase a manufacturer custom card, if purchasing a card based on Nvidia's card a block should be easier to find. If not water cooling a custom card like the one you mentioned or similar will work fine and a single card will more then handle the resolution of your monitor or even 4K

Thanks Menthol. I will go for evga 2080ti ftw3, Asus strix 2080 ti or MSI lighting. what do you recommend? Seems like Asus rtx 2080 ti matrix is not out yet. Im on GTX 680 now 😄

Rob_W_
Level 12
I’m running a 4k pa329q off the NV rtx2080ti FE, single card handles monitor with every setting on ultra.
Sorry to hear your *cards died.*

Rob W. wrote:
I’m running a 4k pa329q off the NV rtx2080ti FE, single card handles monitor with every setting on ultra.
Sorry to hear your *cards died.*

Thhanks Rob. I have to wait for matrix or get a one is available now. I always had FPS issues with my Asus rog swift curved pg348q even with Titan Xp SLI. Hope Rtx 2080ti can handle this.

Menthol
Level 14
If you can wait for the card you want OK, if not EVGA always has good products
I also run 2 32 inch 4K Benq monitors without any issues on a single 2080ti

Menthol wrote:
If you can wait for the card you want OK, if not EVGA always has good products
I also run 2 32 inch 4K Benq monitors without any issues on a single 2080ti

I am trying to get information about the product launch, if its near i will wait, if not will go with other cards. Thanks.

kkn
Level 14
i recomend to read up on evga's warranty ( or every one that you have in mind ) to see what they can do when it comes to custom WC and warranty.

I have two builds (AMD and INTEL) starting Saturday (2/3/19) and have put off purchasing a 2080Ti for one, until I see the pricing on the Matrix edition...Asus stated the the Matrix card would be available in January at CES, then it was changed to February in their press release...and now its 25 minutes to March....I feel like this card is a MYTH!
It would be nice to even have an inkling about roughly its due date...if a games developer were to do the same regarding a game release, the entire gaming community would be up in arms!