cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG soundbar and maximus xi hero optical cable connection (volume control)

janhuxxx
Level 7
Hello everyone!

Have question about my LG soundbar LAS550H what i connect4ed via optical cable. all sound works perfect 🙂 but have but.. How i can control volume from my PC? I can't control LG soundbar volume only with remote. I need i can coontrol it with windows volume. With TV it works perfect but not with PC. can some1 help me please?
17 REPLIES 17

Retired
Not applicable
janhuxxx, how is your soundbar connected now? To a TV or a monitor? If to a TV, try connecting the optical cable to the motherboard with the soundbar. Test to observe if any sound is coming out from the speaker. If not, keep the attachment, connect using an HDMI cable your soundbar to the TV. Attach the cable from HDMI-OUT behind the soundbar and connect to the any HDMI-IN in the TV. Open up Sound Control Panel [Settings>System>Sound>Sound Control Panel]. Configure your speaker setting's.
If all doesn't work, come back here and let us know 🙂

janhuxxx
Level 7
Hello AS185, my soundbar is connected only to my motherboard (maximus xi hero) not TV. i have sound but i need control volume for each . This is i need to push volume higer to soundbar and push volume higer to my pc. i nedd i can control all from my pc volume. (sorry my english is not good)

Retired
Not applicable
Theoretically, you should be only changing the volume on your soundbar, not simultaneously on each device. So do you have an monitor or TV?

janhuxxx
Level 7
I have monitor ROG SWIFT PG348Q. now i need each device changing 😞 its so teriblle

Retired
Not applicable
janhuxxx, can you make a screenshot of the optical cable attached to the motherboard? Make a screenshot of the back panel of the soundbar and for the back panel of the monitor. We'll start from scratch 🙂

janhuxxx
Level 7
ok . Monitor--->>
motherboard--->> 79100,
soundbar --->> 79101

Retired
Not applicable
Ok, so I see that you have the graphic's card connected via the display port. The optical cable is connected properly. Did you install Asuses Supreme FX sound drivers from this motherboard into Windows?

AS185 wrote:
Ok, so I see that you have the graphic's card connected via the display port. The optical cable is connected properly. Did you install Asuses Supreme FX sound drivers from this motherboard into Windows?

not installed, alrady looking for it but can't find where to download or i so dumm. 😄