cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS XI Gene - Fan Headers?

joebennett
Level 7
Can someone help me out? Wandering how best to manage fans as this motherboard only has one PWM case fan header.

Sorry if this is a basic question.
9 REPLIES 9

UltraNEO_
Level 11
joebennett wrote:
Can someone help me out? Wandering how best to manage fans as this motherboard only has one PWM case fan header.

Sorry if this is a basic question.

Strange.. I'm reading the online manual and can tell you there's FIVE actual fan headers on the board labeled as :

Fans:
CPU_FAN,
CPU_OPT,
CHA_FAN,
FS_FAN1,
FS_FAN2

AIO/Pump:
AIO_PUMP - AIO Pump power header
W_PUMP - Water pump if your using custom water cooling
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
Strange.. I'm reading the online manual and can tell you there's FIVE actual fan headers on the board labeled as :

Fans:
CPU_FAN,
CPU_OPT,
CHA_FAN,
FS_FAN1,
FS_FAN2

AIO/Pump:
AIO_PUMP - AIO Pump power header
W_PUMP - Water pump if your using custom water cooling

CPU Fans are for CPU fans, both FS Fans run at full speed and aren't controllable. Only CHA_FAN is a PWM controllable fan header.

joebennett wrote:
CPU Fans are for CPU fans, both FS Fans run at full speed and aren't controllable. Only CHA_FAN is a PWM controllable fan header.

You STILL not told us how many fans you're trying to run.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

UltraNEO* wrote:
You STILL not told us how many fans you're trying to run.

Apart from my cpu fan I want to run two intake fans and one exhaust fan.*

badssgtslaughte
Level 7
Hi Team,
can i jump in on this, as I'm in the same boat. I just purchased this board a few days ago. I have a full corsair build with the maximus gene motherboard.
I have the h100i rbg platinum cooler plugged into CPU_FAN and my two front case fans plugged into FS_FAN1 and FS_FAN2 . my problem is, I cant seem to get any speed on my radiator fans other than 1400 rpm makes me wonder if I might run into cooling issues while gaming. my two case fans are same model corsair rbg LL series fans, they are running around 4k rpm at all times. pretty loud. I can not seem to find and curve / adjust any of them. can someone with more experience help me out?

Zka17
Level 16
Only the CPU and CHA fan headers (near each other) are controllable - the others will run at full speed all the time.*
You can choose less noisy fans or use a fan controller...*

badssgtslaughte
Level 7
Thanks ZKA. much appreciated.

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
Hi all

Got the ROG DYNAMIC 011 Lian Li case and the GENE XI Z390 ofc : Going for a push pull with a kraken x 72 on the side that would be 6 fans noctua chromax, adding 2 fans on botom of case for the GPU 1 fan on back and 2 on the top total of 11 fans .

Been looking at my users guide motherboard and canot figure out how to do it ?

Whant to be able to control fan speed because of where i live its super hot in the daytime and like cool in the night so fan cotroler is a must and will get one or 2

The specs of the fans i am going to be using are : Max. input power 0,6 W Max. input current 0,05 A Operating voltage 12 V how many of these per Header ?
motherboard has 3 headers on top lined up for the cpu cooling then left and right of the board there are another 3 headers i think in total 5 fan headers some controlable from software some need a fan control .