cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headset issue

artexjay
Level 8
I'm usually quite good at identifying issues but this one has me stumped.

For some reason, my bluetooth headset stopped working properly on my desktop rig. The audio doesn't come as it should, but it works when i switch to "handsfree mode" I did not make any update or changes that i can remember of. This issue affects all of my bluetooth headsets on my desktop. On my laptop, the headsets work fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio and bluetooth drivers.. To no avail
5 REPLIES 5

davemon50
Level 11
You may need to either disable handsfree in the audio playback devices and/or set the headset as default playback device, and you may need to disable the headset recording device, or not make it the default.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
You may need to either disable handsfree in the audio playback devices and/or set the headset as default playback device, and you may need to disable the headset recording device, or not make it the default.

Well that fixed it thanks! But why was that causing an issue in the first place?

artexjay wrote:
Well that fixed it thanks! But why was that causing an issue in the first place?

I can't really tell you why, but I've experienced it with my headset on my work computer. It's a PITA but it worked for me before so I thought I'd suggest it. I'm glad it worked for you. 😉
Davemon50

xeromist
Just a guess, but I've noticed when I update drivers and/or connect new audio devices Windows will change default audio outputs. Sometimes updating Nvidia drivers does it since audio over HDMI is a thing even though I don't use it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Just a guess, but I've noticed when I update drivers and/or connect new audio devices Windows will change default audio outputs. Sometimes updating Nvidia drivers does it since audio over HDMI is a thing even though I don't use it.

I decided to completely uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them with the disc drivers, no updating. And low and behold it works as it should now! I think it may have been installed badly or something.