cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 - 5 way optimization - 8700k - wont go past 4.7ghz

carlosriosness
Level 7
I have a 8700k with a Z390i motherboard. it has been delided and is under a 120mm AIO. corsair ram 3600mhz in XMP mode.

the temps stay in the 70s when at full load.

i am using the 5 way optimization in AI Suite 3, but it stops at 4.7Ghz. is that normal? should i be making sure something is checked/unchecked for it to go further? isnt that just the stock boost clock?

i didnt delid to OC. i just wanted my CPU to run as cool as possible. but i guess i did expect it to OC passed its stock boost clock.

can anyone give me some tips or tricks i can try? i really feel like i must be making a mistake somewhere?

UPDATE:
EZ update says: 2.03.20
Bios 0805
Dual intelligent Processor 5

i noticed i am using AI Overclocking. could this be why?

UPDATE 2:
my TPU insight shows 100.00x47. but then i ran the extreme tuning utility and it shows it only went to 4.6Ghz. but when i clock on AI Overclock in DIP 5, it says "prediction 4900.0 mhz?

i am not sure if i should run ai overclock before, after or instead of 5 way optimization. i just have a feeling im not getting everything i should be from my CPU.
IX Formula and Z390i
2 REPLIES 2

ageekhere
Level 7
Did you boot with the UEFI bios? (check bios mode in system information)

carlosriosness
Level 7
will do. can you give me a couple more detailed steps. are you asking if i have booted into the bios? i am not sure what you mean by booting "with" the bios? not sure if there is more then 1 way to boot?

i am using the OC feature in the ai suite software. so besides making sure my ram is using XMP, i havent made any bios changes. should i be?
IX Formula and Z390i