Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Clintlgm,
    I'm not 100% sure he has a RAID but his BIOS setting is set to RAID. With his very dissimilar SSDs (960 Evo 500GB and 970 Evo 1TB) it would be a messed-up RAID.

The Boot Option is set for the 960 Evo 500GB SSD.

Then he also talks about having separate SSDs supporting different drives (C: & D: ). Could be separate partitions within the RAID. I remember my original ASUS setup had an additional partition.

Looks like he has changed the RAID setting to AHCI and is performing some sort of rebuilding. This may work out?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    Clintlgm,
    I'm not 100% sure he has a RAID but his BIOS setting is set to RAID. With his very dissimilar SSDs (960 Evo 500GB and 970 Evo 1TB) it would be a messed-up RAID.

The Boot Option is set for the 960 Evo 500GB SSD.

Then he also talks about having separate SSDs supporting different drives (C: & D: ). Could be separate partitions within the RAID. I remember my original ASUS setup had an additional partition.

Looks like he has changed the RAID setting to AHCI and is performing some sort of rebuilding. This may work out?
    Yes

Yes, I gave him 2 different ways of changing from RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Doing it with the safe mode is quick and easy. I thought as well as you did that he did not really have a RAID 0 set up Still even if he did he could have broken array and restored the volume Image to either of his SSD remaining in raid mode with no RAID Array set up.
    As far as that goes he could also have used part of GPX3DX threat to create the UEFI basic partition needed to boot UEFI and then just restore the C Partition. NON-OS SSD can be a switch from RAID to AHCI no problem the OS Drive needs to be set up in one of the ways I explained
    I remember the first time I did this it was scary, but then I had my MR back up images so I knew no matter what I could always get back to where I started from.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2